Gibson Brands Forums

Which guitar polisher/cleaner you use?

Markus78

Thanks for answers! :) I clean my guitar quite often (maybe my hands sweat much more than normal human hands do [tongue] ) Anyway I just hate to see my guitar dirty. I bought now Gibson pump polish, let's see how it works. Also I found somekind of wax by Dunlop, which suppose to hide little scratch and stuff from guitars surface... anyone tried this one?

Bodygloss65CreamofCarnuba6574-11.png

Thanks for answers! :) I clean my guitar quite often (maybe my hands sweat much more than normal human hands do [tongue] ) Anyway I just hate to see my guitar dirty. I bought now Gibson pump polish, let's see how it works. Also I found somekind of wax by Dunlop, which suppose to hide little scratch and stuff from guitars surface... anyone tried this one?

Bodygloss65CreamofCarnuba6574-11.png

Yeah that stuff is alright. But it's just carnauba wax. Same stuff they use in car wax. The virtuoso stuff is actually intended for nitro finishes. That dunlop stuff with only hide the scratches till you wipe it off.

Depends on the need I use Virtuso if a guitar is in bad shape, Gerlitz #1 carnuba wax on dark colored and especially black guitars and a quick puff of the gibson spray polish if it's just a quick wipe down but that's mostly so I can smell it. [wink]

This is the best stuff ever if you want a hard wax shine especialy on black guitars. This is the only product ive seen that can take the swirls out of a black finish.

wax_large.gif

I also do clean my guitars regularly as I play a lot.

I have used Kyser Dr.String Fellow Guitar Polish now for few years.

Leaves no residue and the finish is like new. I’m using microfiber cloths to wipe the guitars.

I`ve been happy with it, anyway there is a plenty of choice and this was mine until new and better choice appears...

Kyser Dr.String Fellow

I also do clean my guitars regularly as I play a lot.

I have used Kyser Dr.String Fellow Guitar Polish now for few years.

Leaves no residue and the finish is like new. I’m using microfiber cloths to wipe the guitars.

I`ve been happy with it, anyway there is a plenty of choice and this was mine until new and better choice appears...

Kyser Dr.String Fellow

Next I'll try that Kyser polish. [wink]

What comes to Gerlitz and Virtuoso stuff... unfortunately i didn't find any music store here in Finland which sell that stuff.

Archived