Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall Class 5 Head!!!

Strider

Finally!!! Marshall Class 5 head to be announced at NAMM! It's about time!! I am so getting me one of these when they come out! [thumbup]

http://www.andertons.co.uk/News/aid588/namm-2011-marshall-announce-class-5-mark-ii-amplifier-and-class-5-head.asp

Im picking one up. They mentioned a price increase for the MKII model, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

The Class 5 always needed a master volume control. They're still too snobby to put one on there but the new models will have a low output switch. Whatever.

I think Marshall, had the bluesbreaker amp in mind when designing the Class 5, but in a more affordable price. I think it sounds great the way it is and its very pedal friendly. I found the new Boss ST-2 power stack to be a perfect match for this amp. I will soon make a demo of it.

I think Marshall, had the bluesbreaker amp in mind when designing the Class 5, but in a more affordable price. I think it sounds great the way it is and its very pedal friendly. I found the new Boss ST-2 power stack to be a perfect match for this amp. I will soon make a demo of it.

Exactly! Don't get me wrong, a master volume would be nice but the class 5 is extremely pedal friendly. I use a fulltone OCD & man does that pedal rock with this amp!

Ima be all over that!

I want Vox to get the Lil Night Train head only out too.

(Now you have to buy their cab)

Have you played the Lil Night Train yet?

All three that I have played sound great clean, but just god awful when you use a little gain. just gets all farty

Have you played the Lil Night Train yet?

All three that I have played sound great clean, but just god awful when you use a little gain. just gets all farty

Unfortunately no. I've got zero music stores around here. Heading to the Orlando guitar show

in two weeks though, might get to check one out there.

Some guy was selling one for $180.00 the other week and I regret not jumping all over that. That would have been a good deal. I guess I could have butchered in a master volume if I was so concerned about it.

I've heard a lot of good things about them. [thumbup]

There is a lot of great info about the class 5 over at the vintage modern forums. There's also the "bedroom volume" trick where you plug into the headphone out halfway, plug into a cab & boom, there's that great marshall crunch at lower volume!

Unfortunately no. I've got zero music stores around here. Heading to the Orlando guitar show

in two weeks though, might get to check one out there.

I hope your luck is better than mine, because I was seriously excited about it, but any sort of grit, and the amp just farts.

Definitely do check it out though

The Class 5 always needed a master volume control. They're still too snobby to put one on there but the new models will have a low output switch. Whatever.

Whatever on you! Why would you put a master volume on a five watt amp? It's like a spoiler and gold rims on a Smart Car. Someone needs to stop this knob insanity. Every amp cannot be a Mesa or Egnater.

Whatever on you! Why would you put a master volume on a five watt amp? It's like a spoiler and gold rims on a Smart Car. Someone needs to stop this knob insanity. Every amp cannot be a Mesa or Egnater.

LOL! Well said Evol, well said! =D>

i bought my class 5 combo right before christmas, and the speaker is starting to break in now. :) i LOVE that i can dime the amp and still be in the same room with it: it is very loud in a small room, but not deafening... As pointed out, it is very pedal friendly too: i like both my home-brewed treble boost and boss blues driver in front of it.

i imagine a head version will be quite cool.

i bought my class 5 combo right before christmas, and the speaker is starting to break in now. :) i LOVE that i can dime the amp and still be in the same room with it: it is very loud in a small room, but not deafening... As pointed out, it is very pedal friendly too: i like both my home-brewed treble boost and boss blues driver in front of it.

i imagine a head version will be quite cool.

hmmm I'm going to have to disagree about the Class 5 being pedal friendly...out of all of my amps the Class 5 handles pedals the worse...I cant get the volume above four before any OD/Distortion pedal becomes useless..and even then it sounds pretty harsh ...Dont get me wrong, the Class 5 can kick out some nice classic rock tunes...but versatility is something it does not have..If I could go back in time and re-buy an amp, I would of chosen the new Jet City combo..(the 300$ one.) If anyone still wants to trade..lol..Very curious to what improvement's they made to the head though...

Archived