Gibson Brands Forums

I didn't know Mark Knophler played this kind of music??!!!

onewilyfool

A lot of those Brits know more Americana music than many Americans. They played a big part in the blues revival in this country.

I am not sure about that eusa_think.gif I just haven't thought it through, but interesting you mention it....

My friend has a theory that the connection many white British blues artists had with the African American bluesmen, was because they came from very working class back grounds and that the ethos of the pure blues resonated with them and their own lives.

One thing for sure is that Mark Knopfler is still just as important in the world of guitar as he was 20/30 years ago! A mighty talent msp_thumbup.gif

Matt

Yes, Mark Knophler is a Great Guitar Player / I only remembered his song about "Money is for Nothing" when your on MTV. / Then I was searching around on U-Tube about some songs and found a lot of hits on His Songs / He has been around for Sure / Chet Atkins & Mark Knophler Played Great Together / Check Him out on U-Tube.

Enjoy Your Music [thumbup]

A lot of those Brits know more Americana music than many Americans. They played a big part in the blues revival in this country.

I found out from a student's dissertation that MK is half-Hungarian, and that Paul Simon has Hungarian parents. Hurrah for Hungarian-British Americana-loving singer-songwriters and Hungarian-American Americana classics.

Archived