Gibson Brands Forums

Hey "Epi Jim" check out these 2 forum "threads" please.

crust

Him = the entire forum.

lol

I would have thought that with all the folks who like and love Epiphone guitars (like myself), this thread would have gone to page 2 in a matter of moments

Doesn't bother me, wouldn't be an issue if epi was more responsive....

Exactly how do you think Epiphone should respond to either of these requests?

1. Yes, Crust ... we'll build a guitar to your exact specs.

2. Yes, Crust ... you can be the focus of our next advertising campaign.

Seriously ... geeze ...

Jim (Maybe I'm just feeling crabby today!)

Perhaps it is a bit presumptuous, but manufacturers weigh in all the time on other forums.

On this forum, responses are few and far between despite all the great suggestions and feedback we give them.

BTW, did anyone even care about Genesis until I dug them up from obscurity? Now there's a reissue in the works.

The thanks we get....

shrug.jpg

So, just how does one approach Epiphone to do an ad ? Audition ? Or do they just grab someone at Gibson who plays a little guitar, hand them an Epiphone and say "play". Really, I think I would be an excellent campaigner for Epiphone. Hey how about an ad like this (put an Epi mandolin in his hands). Epiphone, they aren't just for old fogy's (or something like that).!! He is my best "student" and really never complains about practicing.

austinmando.jpg

Seriously ... geeze ...

+

I would be quite taken back as well as pleased that Epiphone would select me. Wouldn't you ?

Crust; Epiphone does not do T.V. ads.........and the advertising world is a very fickle buisness.............what I suggest is.....Make your own 'commercials' at home, and post them on You-Tube...

This will make you happy, and you'll be supporting Epiphone at the same time..........

An interesting true story; My first solid long term drummer and I were best friends as kids.....There came a point when I had to 'upgrade.' I let him go...He was MAD AS H*LL.......

We were / are Zeppelin fans........we parted ways....I did music for years, he did his thing, including a stint as Buddy Guy's drummer.........One day, I was watching T.V., and there

was my childhood drummer playing on-stage with Page, Jones, Plant, and Neil Young.........His dream came true.........My point is, to have dreams and goals is good; He got over me firing him,

and I was never jealous that he met and played with Zep.........We obtain our dreams as best we can; one needs to be realistic about them...........

As such, make your own commercials yourself, and post them on You-Tube; this is both doable and realistic.........Just a realistic thought...............you are creative and artistic............

We can't always get what we want, but if we try sometimes, and do it realistically, we get what we need........anger, and related thoughts are not condusive to success in any endeavor..........

Crust; Epiphone does not do T.V. ads.........and the advertising world is a very fickle buisness.............what I suggest is.....Make your own 'commercials' at home, and post them on You-Tube...

This will make you happy, and you'll be supporting Epiphone at the same time..........

An interesting true story; My first solid long term drummer and I were best friends as kids.....There came a point when I had to 'upgrade.' I let him go...He was MAD AS H*LL.......

We were / are Zeppelin fans........we parted ways....I did music for years, he did his thing, including a stint as Buddy Guy's drummer.........One day, I was watching T.V., and there

was my childhood drummer playing on-stage with Page, Jones, Plant, and Neil Young.........His dream came true.........My point is, to have dreams and goals is good; He got over me firing him,

and I was never jealous that he met and played with Zep.........We obtain our dreams as best we can; one needs to be realistic about them...........

As such, make your own commercials yourself, and post them on You-Tube; this is both doable and realistic.........Just a realistic thought...............you are creative and artistic............

We can't always get what we want, but if we try sometimes, and do it realistically, we get what we need........anger, and related thoughts are not condusive to success in any endeavor..........

I can dig it. I can't say I didn't try, Maybe too hard, Oh well. Maybe he (Epi1) will at some point read this and chuckle. Maybe he will do something else (I hope I don't get banned), who knows.

Hi Crust,

Thanks for your participation in the forum and your post. Also for the nudge. :-)

I reviewed your links and I hope I understand your questions. Forgive me if I missed something.

1. The Riviera Custom P93 will be offered in other colors. First, we have one that will be offered in a Goldtop (metallic gold top with natural brown back and sides). We will also offer one in Pearl White with metallic gold sparkle binding. Both will be limited editions available via Musician's Friend and Guitar Center in the US and most other retailers outside the US. I'll try to post some images up soon.

2. Regarding the other thread, I think what you're asking is to be on the next Epiphone commercial - correct? If so, we're honored that you are that passionate about our guitars. Thank you. However, we have no immediate plans for a commercial but if we do in the future, you will certainly be considered. Please... stay in touch. BTW - Guitar Center is actively running TV ads. You might check with them.

Thanks again,

Jim Epi

I can dig it. I can't say I didn't try, Maybe too hard, Oh well. Maybe he (Epi1) will at some point read this and chuckle. Maybe he will do something else (I hope I don't get banned), who knows.

Sweet !!!!! You recieved a nice response from Jim !!!!!!! ( I also did )........You are a great member here Crust; never a bad thing to say, and your threads and posts are very cool....

I still suggest trying out some home made ads.....It would be a learning experience, and fun..............And, are you GASSING for the white P-3 ??? I sure am...AND the Goldtop.....

When a guitarist and singer/songwriter like me who doesn't NEED another P-3, but has to have two more, this shows that Epi does make very desireable guitars..........

Hi Crust,

Thanks for your participation in the forum and your post. Also for the nudge. :-)

I reviewed your links and I hope I understand your questions. Forgive me if I missed something.

1. The Riviera Custom P93 will be offered in other colors. First, we have one that will be offered in a Goldtop (metallic gold top with natural brown back and sides). We will also offer one in Pearl White with metallic gold sparkle binding. Both will be limited editions available via Musician's Friend and Guitar Center in the US and most other retailers outside the US. I'll try to post some images up soon.

2. Regarding the other thread, I think what you're asking is to be on the next Epiphone commercial - correct? If so, we're honored that you are that passionate about our guitars. Thank you. However, we have no immediate plans for a commercial but if we do in the future, you will certainly be considered. Please... stay in touch. BTW - Guitar Center is actively running TV ads. You might check with them.

Thanks again,

Jim Epi

Sir,

Thank you so much for replying to my thread, it is very much appreciated. Yes sir, I think I would quite enjoy being an even more passionate Epiphone guitar advocate. Thank you for taking my "application" into serious consideration and please do remember my request. Thank you. Yes I will most definitely be obtaining a gold topped Riviera in the future (probably mid summer). I did want you to look at the picture of the old Regal archtop I posted in the "please make different finishes" post. It was a stunning Chicago built blues machine from the 30's or 40's. Sir, I was wondering if a finish like that one (natural, nice figuring, light brown) might be made? Again, thank you for taking the time to reply to my posts. I am serious about being in any ad for Epiphone guitars, they are such cool instruments.

Crust

Brilliant!!

Getting a direct answer from Jim (Epi1) is very very cool.

Good on you, Crust!!

It is nice to see that what we eventually write is read by those that make a difference in the way that instruments are built.

Now, if Epiphone really is considering a Genesis reissue, hopefully Brianh's opinions on it could be quite interesting for Epi.

Sorry for the slight detour on the topic.

Back to you, Crust.

Crust; Epiphone does not do T.V. ads.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqVF9BinXb0 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0W8dutouss

I think O.P. just wants to know for sure he's being heard, "Epi Jim" came by and said he saw the information I'm sure that's enough. What's the big deal about this thread anyway? Is it taking up limited space on your computer monitor? [unsure]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqVF9BinXb0 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0W8dutouss

I think O.P. just wants to know for sure he's being heard, "Epi Jim" came by and said he saw the information I'm sure that's enough. What's the big deal about this thread anyway? Is it taking up limited space on your computer monitor? [unsure]

No, this thread is not taking up too much space on my screen.......Crust and I see eye to eye, and he is a well respected member here.......I enjoy all of his threads

and posts........For a new member who has no rep and no ' friends' on their profile, and given the fact that all of your posts up until this one are well done, I must say,

if you wish to make a TROLL post like this one, post on the Gibson lounge..................

Oh is it?

Seriously ... geeze ...

How annoying, why should your concerns inconvenience us all.

Archived