Gibson Brands Forums

Fred61...are you happy or sad about this?

ShredAstaire

Click here to see the post from Dunlop Guitar products. Read the comments from people, makes me furious.

I'll let you judge for yourselves

Well people are entitled to their opinions. What does a break-up for a two person band mean? New drummer? Isn't it his sister on the drums, anyway? That will make for a strange family reunion.

Well people are entitled to their opinions. What does a break-up for a two person band mean? New drummer? Isn't it his sister on the drums, anyway? That will make for a strange family reunion.

It's his wife actually, they made up them being family to get away with stuff.

And I'm assuming that the break up, like most bands, means that they won't be making more music or touring :rolleyes:

It's his wife actually, they made up them being family to get away with stuff.

And I'm assuming that the break up, like most bands, means that they won't be making more music or touring :rolleyes:

Yeah, it doesn't mean anything. From what I understand, Jack has been doing music without her for years now. He's clearly the brains behind the outfit, so the White Stripes will just be Jack White with a new drummer and a new name. A break up makes a lot more sense in light of them being ex-spouses.

I just hope he doesn't decide to start taking himself too seriously, which is kind of the direction the Thump record was going in. Most of his appeal is in his raw, unrefined sound. If he keeps to his roots, he should be able to retain his fans. Way to go out on a high note.

My favorite was The Black Keys being referred to as White Stripes wannabees.

I had never heard of the Black Keys before a thread was posted here about favorite album of 2010. I checked them out and sort of liked what I heard so I down loaded one of their albums. It's ok and has some good songs but I can honestly say I don't care for the white stripes but I can see the comparison.

I had never heard of the Black Keys before a thread was posted here about favorite album of 2010. I checked them out and sort of liked what I heard so I down loaded one of their albums. It's ok and has some good songs but I can honestly say I don't care for the white stripes but I can see the comparison.

Maybe in the fact that they use fuzz and a 2 piece band(for the most part), as well as going for a more raw sound instead of the overcompressed stuff we hear nowadays. But the structure, lyrical style, and chops of the drummer are very different from each other. It's not like the WS were the first 2 piece band in existence.

Maybe in the fact that they use fuzz and a 2 piece band(for the most part), as well as going for a more raw sound instead of the overcompressed stuff we hear nowadays. But the structure, lyrical style, and chops of the drummer are very different from each other. It's not like the WS were the first 2 piece band in existence.

But people don't care to know anything other than sl00sh and jimmy page. everything else is crap to them. I mean I dare anyone to listen to a White Stripes song, then a Black Keys and get the two confused

I'm glad they did and I think it was time.

Meg is way to freaked out on stage now, and it was good that they folded it up and left before it got silly. Hopefully fans will let them go and not keep trying to drag them back together to perform again. Nothing sadder than a great group or duo in this case that is touring and playing after the magic is gone and they are only together for the fans and the money.

They had a great run though I couldn't stand to be in the same state as my ex let alone performing every night and touring.

I'm glad they did and I think it was time.

Meg is way to freaked out on stage now, and it was good that they folded it up and left before it got silly. Hopefully fans will let them go and not keep trying to drag them back together to perform again. Nothing sadder than a great group or duo in this case that is touring and playing after the magic is gone and they are only together for the fans and the money.

They had a great run though I couldn't stand to be in the same state as my ex let alone performing every night and touring.

And that's the thing, I mean it sucks they won't be doing anymore, but as Jack put it "let the beauty of what was live on"

Fred approved [thumbup]

... - beside the problem Meg is having.

Mental illness of any flavor is a *****. My guess is that the breakup is centered around fallout from her anxiety and panic attacks. If you have never had a true nervous breakdown, I pray you never do.

But people don't care to know anything other than sl00sh and jimmy page. everything else is crap to them. I mean I dare anyone to listen to a White Stripes song, then a Black Keys and get the two confused

Yeah the Black Keys are a LOT better IMO. And opinions - we all have them.

For the record - I'm not a sl00sh fan... more into larry carlton, robben ford, jeff golub guitarist types.

Archived