Gibson Brands Forums

Been Doing Some Work On My Alleykat

Elias Graves

I guess I'm just a hopeless tinkerer. :D

The latest incarnation of the Alleyat has Seymour Duncan Seth Lover model bridge pickup, SD SM-3 minibucker neck pickup, Gibson pots, Orange Drop .015 tone cap, Hipshot knobs and some Hipshot tuning keys. I loved how the tuner key shape echoed the shape of the headstock emblem. Plus, these are some of the smoothest tuners I've used. Highly recommended.

The Seth Lover humbucker is the first bridge pickup I've used that I actually like. It's extremely clear and articulate and not muddy at all.

Anyway, some pics...

utf-8BT2tsYWhvbWEgQ2l0eS0yMDEwMTIwNS0wMDA1Mi5qcGc.jpg

1293840632.jpg

utf-8BT2tsYWhvbWEgQ2l0eS0yMDEwMTIwNS0wMDA1NC5qcGc.jpg

And a clip. This is the guitar part for an original tune I'm working on now.

It features the Alleykat with both pickups active, neck volume 4, bridge volume 9, master volume 7, tone 8. Played through a Fender Chamion 600 amp, recorded in Garageband with a Blue Snowball mic.

My link

EG

Thanks. Definitely going for an old school vibe. The events surrounding the song occurred in the 1940s so it seemed appropriate.

The guitar has become a good one. It's taken me some time to get everything set up the way I like it, but I think it's finally there. The Kat has everything I like in a good electric and it plays so well. Epi outdid themselves with this one.

EG

I guess I'm just a hopeless tinkerer. :D

The latest incarnation of the Alleyat has Seymour Duncan Seth Lover model bridge pickup, SD SM-3 minibucker neck pickup, Gibson pots, Orange Drop .015 tone cap, Hipshot knobs and some Hipshot tuning keys. I loved how the tuner key shape echoed the shape of the headstock emblem. Plus, these are some of the smoothest tuners I've used. Highly recommended.

The Seth Lover humbucker is the first bridge pickup I've used that I actually like. It's extremely clear and articulate and not muddy at all.

Anyway, some pics...

utf-8BT2tsYWhvbWEgQ2l0eS0yMDEwMTIwNS0wMDA1Mi5qcGc.jpg

1293840632.jpg

utf-8BT2tsYWhvbWEgQ2l0eS0yMDEwMTIwNS0wMDA1NC5qcGc.jpg

And a clip. This is the guitar part for an original tune I'm working on now.

It features the Alleykat with both pickups active, neck volume 4, bridge volume 9, master volume 7, tone 8. Played through a Fender Chamion 600 amp, recorded in Garageband with a Blue Snowball mic.

My link

EG

Hi Elias.

I love that guitar, cool color, nice tune. Now, get back over to HCEG [biggrin]

• 7 months later...

Not really sold on the new controls or the tuners tbh. i think the alleykat looks best pretty much standard, the only mods id do (and will do) are going to be replace the pickups (57 classic plus in the bridge now!!) pointers on the control knobs (very classy) and replace all the pots/wiring with CTS and switchcraft parts.

But thats just my taste i guess. very individual looking guitar you have. alleykats are amazing !!!

• 9 years later...