Gibson Brands Forums

NGD got a Wilshire

BenG76

Got this off a guy on Craigslist last night. It also came with a stand, strap and a M-Audio Fast Track. The guitar is missing the truss rod cover and the guitar needs a setup bad. I got everything for $150 which was a total steal. The guy had ran it on CL a couple weeks ago and never replied to me. I guess he was needing money bad to sell it for that.

Will a generic truss rod cover work for this, or will I have to order one from Epiphone?

002-1.jpg

Damn that looks good, Ben!

I really wish I could have bonded with that guitar when I owned one. The position of the pickup selector switch and the small size of the body just made it impossible for me ... I was always hitting the switch accidentally ... otherwise, I loved it!

Great score ... beautiful guitar. Congrats!

Jim

Ordered a truss rod cover on Ebay. They all seem to come from China/Hong Kong so I hope it doesnt take forever to get it. Still gotta get the action a little lower. This guitar is growing on me. We will see how it turns out.

You know, when I first laid eyes on the Wilshires, I thought they looked kind of odd.....but the look has really grown on me, and I rather like the funkyness of the shape.... looks great in green :) Enjoy!!!

What a difference a decent photo makes, I've been looking at these on MF and their pics make that colour look very ordinary, your pic though makes it seem a very desirable guitar, I hope you enjoy it.

Archived