Gibson Brands Forums

Well I'm Still Employed.

cookieman15061

I had to attend meetings today for work and no one was sure how many would keep their current positions or rate of pay.

Head count will remain the same although about 1/3 were offered lower positions that would cut their salary to about half if they choose to stay on.

My salary will pretty much remain the same plus incentive bonuses but workload may increase for a while. Tough economy has slowed everything

Although I'm thankful to still have a job it's never easy to see friends and fellow workers take a hit.sad.gif

dude, i am seriously sorry to hear that. that's tough.

i think the only thing that is really going to turn this economy around is if we start making efforts to help each other when and where ever we can.

I had to attend meetings today for work and no one was sure how many would keep their current positions or rate of pay.

Head count will remain the same although about 1/3 were offered lower positions that would cut their salary to about half if they choose to stay on.

My salary will pretty much remain the same plus incentive bonuses but workload may increase for a while. Tough economy has slowed everything

Although I'm thankful to still have a job it's never easy to see friends and fellow workers take a hit.sad.gif

We went through and heard the same thing about 2 years ago.... The work load never decreased.... Glad you still got a gig though man!

Yeah the rumor mill has been going strong since the end of last year. No one was being told anything until last Thursday when every manager was sent an email about todays meeting place and time.

I was pretty confidant my position was secure but you just never know until they tell you.

Every employee was called in for a one on one and then ushered out of the building so you had to sit in the meeting room until they called you.

Of course I was the last one to be called in.

Petty was right the waiting is the hardest part!

Here in the uk it's dreadful. The new Government are making cutbacks everywhere. They said the 'working classes' won't be affected. Yeh! People are broken here now. The apathy in this country is amazing. It's like the country is being sold from under our feet.

Fuel is over £6 a gallon now. Everything is rocketing in price. Jobs going everywhere. I know people that are going to lose their house. Yet the rich get richer.

Shameful state of affairs.

Here in the uk it's dreadful. The new Government are making cutbacks everywhere. They said the 'working classes' won't be affected. Yeh! People are broken here now. The apathy in this country is amazing. It's like the country is being sold from under our feet.

Fuel is over £6 a gallon now. Everything is rocketing in price. Jobs going everywhere. I know people that are going to lose their house. Yet the rich get richer.

Shameful state of affairs.

+1 I agree

Important funding / Council services are being withdrawn, food prices up 'alot', redundancy's being made within my company.

At the local petrol station it's £6.21 / $10.12 a gallon !

i'm glad you've kept your job C-man........and these days the old "your workload may increase" is much better than "your severance package will include".....

years ago I survived 2 massive layoffs at my company, and today we're growing by leaps and bounds because my industry actually improves when the economy slumps (precious metals recycling).

hang in there, be flexible, keep a smile going

Archived