Gibson Brands Forums

worth a punt? acoustic sg (not gibson)

tartanbeastie

I love sg's and i love acoustics.. i spotted this and yes its cheap and its not gibson but it still pretty cool, even just as a beater for camping etc .

Whats your thoughts? Reckon its worth a punt at that price? I know its not going o sound great or be excellent build quality but come on, it is pretty cool looking..

http://www.muzikutopia.com/home/muz/page_141/thin_line_sg_acoustic__electric_double_cutaway_gui.html

I like it...........yup.....

This started of as a conversation with me and some buds talking about perfect guitars or guitar styles, my answer was hollow or semi hollow sg with a bigsby trem, similar to the johnny a but with f holes. this then had me googling and i found the thinline acoustic.

I appreciate that SG stands for solid guitar but dont most people think of sg these days as a body shape? with that in mind wouldnt it be worth gibson or epiphone to do an sg "shaped" acoustic similar to the one i posted?

This started of as a conversation with me and some buds talking about perfect guitars or guitar styles, my answer was hollow or semi hollow sg with a bigsby trem, similar to the johnny a but with f holes. this then had me googling and i found the thinline acoustic.

I appreciate that SG stands for solid guitar but dont most people think of sg these days as a body shape? with that in mind wouldnt it be worth gibson or epiphone to do an sg "shaped" acoustic similar to the one i posted?

Yes, but they won't..........hence good guitar ideas like this one...........

This may sound horrid, but... I looked at the site, etc., and it seems the price tags look awfully low for some stuff that sounds pretty fancy... which brings out a degree of economic cowardice in me... Maybe I'm just too cynical an old man.

m

This turf has been mined by Fender - Telecoustic - http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0967310006

I'd think about it if the price indicated the manufacturer was a bit more enthusiastic about the quality.

0967310006_frt_wmd_001.jpg

yet another reason i cant buy a fender. Damn things sound as ugly as they look.

Fender/Ovation bumping uglies would result in something that I suspect would look like this.

I love sg's and i love acoustics.. i spotted this and yes its cheap and its not gibson but it still pretty cool, even just as a beater for camping etc .

Whats your thoughts? Reckon its worth a punt at that price? I know its not going o sound great or be excellent build quality but come on, it is pretty cool looking..

http://www.muzikutopia.com/home/muz/page_141/thin_line_sg_acoustic__electric_double_cutaway_gui.html

Get it! [thumbup]

That guitar would be perfect for a campfire version of "Iron Man". [biggrin]

neat, i remember those, custom shop made them a number of years ago.

I think the SST is not in the same vein although still a very very cool guitar, as it's a solid body and would be next to useless in a campfire situation without a portable amp of some sort. Almost picked up a used one but it was just in horrid shape (fret ends sticking out, cracked top, other issues although it still sounded nice whne plugged in).

Archived