Gibson Brands Forums

Some advice

EVOL!

Guest FarnsBarns

I brewed some beer using Trappist methods last year, came out at 12%, (by specific gravity) tasted amazing! I have 1 bottle left!

If the bar you're at puts the % alcohol next to the beer, make sure you read it. And don't order the 10% beer before you have eaten dinner.

bottle_imperial-stout.png

In California you can't call it "beer" if it's 4% or more. You can call it just about anything else, ale, malt liquor, barley wine, but not beer. 10% is far too much for it to be enjoyable unless your only goal is to get snockered. If that's your goal Mad Dog 20/20 is cheaper and more efficient.

Guest FarnsBarns

You'd be amazed how many beers over here are pushing double figures in strength. I love very strong Belgian beer, its gorgeous.

Okay, thinking along the lines of Paul Harvey -

What's the rest of the story? . . B)

Had two more beers (Point Cascade Pale Ale, which is more reasonable alcohol wise) after this delicious stout, had a LOUD conversation about ancient civilizations, and hitched a ride home from an ex-bandmate. After sloppily eating dinner I passed out on the couch until my wife got home from work.

Yes, I live a pedestrian life.

Had two more beers (Point Cascade Pale Ale, which is more reasonable alcohol wise) after this delicious stout, had a LOUD conversation about ancient civilizations, and hitched a ride home from an ex-bandmate. After sloppily eating dinner I passed out on the couch until my wife got home from work.

I was expecting "after I jumped across the hoods of many taxi cabs while being chased by cops on horses, I swung from a light post and continued my way home" not talking about history lectures and sleeping.

Son, i am dissapoint

LOL

that sounds like something I would do. What did you eat? For some reason when I get drunk I always end up getting sushi. I think it's because I won't shut up about sushi.

I was expecting "after I jumped across the hoods of many taxi cabs while being chased by cops on horses, I swung from a light post and continued my way home" not talking about history lectures and sleeping.

Son, i am dissapoint

Ten years ago this might have happened, but I only drink now and only drink beer. No hard liquor unless it is soju at karaoke or ouzo at xmas.

LOL

that sounds like something I would do. What did you eat? For some reason when I get drunk I always end up getting sushi. I think it's because I won't shut up about sushi.

Sushi is good.

I had the last of the taco meat over blue corn chips with some chipotle chihuahua cheese and a bowl of mixed greens. Again, pedestrian.

I am a dark beer connoisseur. My favorite used to be called Michelob Dark. Now it is marketed as Michelob Amber Bock. I'm not sure where they came up with 'Amber' as it's a black as the ace of spades. But never the less, it's good stuff.

Last week I went to a Jazz concert at a coffe house. They didn't have any mass produced dark, except Guiness >plegh< [drool] So I had a bottle of micro brew called "Black Cauldron". Almost as good as Amber Bock. It went down smooth, but with a bit more bite and the after taste lingered a bit longer than I like. Yes, one bottle has plenty of kick. I passed on seconds.

By and large Dark beers are higher in alcohol, so go easy on the stuff. I went to a retirement party once where they had Amber Bock on tap. I ordered up a glass, and then another. Half way through the second glass I realized the glass was pint sized. [blink] Yeah, I stayed longer than I wanted to so i could sober up. :blink:

Ten years ago this might have happened, but I only drink now and only drink beer. No hard liquor unless it is soju at karaoke or ouzo at xmas.

dude I love soju! My friend is Korean and she lives in an area where there are a lot of Koreans. We go to this Korean store and get soju all the time! That stuff is so easy to drink (especially mixed) you can just drink a whole bottle and get totally smashed and not feel all sick. I love it!

dude I love soju! My friend is Korean and she lives in an area where there are a lot of Koreans. We go to this Korean store and get soju all the time! That stuff is so easy to drink (especially mixed) you can just drink a whole bottle and get totally smashed and not feel all sick. I love it!

My wife is Korean, but she won't touch the stuff so it's me an her friends sharing a bottle. We drink it straight up, but it has to be ice cold. Goes really well with anju.

My wife is Korean, but she won't touch the stuff so it's me an her friends sharing a bottle. We drink it straight up, but it has to be ice cold. Goes really well with anju.

I love Korean girls and I love some good Korean food.

I didn't know your wife is Korean. That's cool!

Oh dear, the bubbles tickle my nose! 10%, hold onto your bonnets, girls!

Why you gotta be so mean? Trying to hurt my feelings? Does that make you feel good?

And bourbon? blech! Too much sugar.

Why you gotta be so mean? Trying to hurt my feelings? Does that make you feel good?

And bourbon? blech! Too much sugar.

Friendly ribbing from one boozer to another. Some people get serious about how much alcohol is in blah-blah beer or doo-dah ale, like man, that stuff is POTENT! I just think it's a little funny is all. Hey I'm not gonna knock anybody for drinking Bartles & Jaymes wine coolers & Mike's hard lemonade & Chimay whatnot. I have done it all, many many times. But I dunno, I bet you a pint of fancy beer has way more sugar than a pint of the kickin chicken. Especially that Trappist fripfrap. And it is the sugar that gets you hung over like a big dog. I think ouzo has more carbs & sugar than the Wild 101 too, now that you mention it. Of course, like taste in guitars or music, all of this is ultimately and utterly inconsequential. A little side show on the hellride. To each his own. Cheers! Get drunk like a monk.

Archived