Gibson Brands Forums

What to do? New purchase ok'd

BoyVader

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? how many guitars do you have? don't you own a bunch? how many Gibsons?

Gibsons are high end for a lot of people you know. Ego? like everyone's ego in this forum? we're all Gibson owners.

Come on, the only reason you would buy a high end guitar is to please others with better sound? not yourself? only bragging rights come into play with an expensive guitar?

What kind of advice is this? buy an Epi? why? why would he do that?

Meh, I say buy the guitar, sounds like you can afford it [thumbup]

LOL...I'm not married, have no babies coming, and I have purchased the vast

majority of my guitars, over a 40 year period, back when Gibson's were "reasonable"

even for Gibson! As to them "sounding better?" Do they? Maybe, maybe not! One would hope so, given their price point, but...it's not always

the case. Besides, it was only a suggestion, not an order. Sheesh! He can (and will) do what

he wants, no matter what. But, he asked...so...

And, there's nothing wrong with a good Epiphone, despite prejudices, to the contrary. Being able to play well, is reward enough, no matter the guitar brand.

CB

The neck on my hummingbird is not a chunky baseball neck at all probably close to a 60's cut but still has good feel and good string spacing.

P.S.

A short comment on most all the other posts - Come on guys he asked about a guitar and everybody is playing Suzy Orman and telling him to be responsible? this is a guitar forum not life choices 101 class if he's looking at a guitar forum to tell him the right thing to do he's in serious trouble anyway. Hell he knows he shouldn't blow his last $2500 dollars on a guitar and I'm guessing even if he's a real musician and doesn't know that well chances are good his lady does, and that they talked about it and she approved it even with a baby on the way so he probably has the cash to spare now and wanted to know what we thought of his guitar choice... ](*,)

Between the all good reasonable advice and the english lessons this places is getting down right educational - no wonder so few young posters stay for more than a few posts. Remember people we are musicians so were supposed to be a bad influence, he has family and friends to tell him how to do the right thing so;

Buy the guitar and hell why your at it get a matching freaking tatoo (but you really do need to watch spelling on the tatoo there forever) \:D/

The neck on my hummingbird is not a chunky baseball neck at all probably close to a 60's cut but still has good feel and good string spacing.

P.S.

A short comment on most all the other posts - Come on guys he asked about a guitar and everybody is playing Suzy Orman and telling him to be responsible? this is a guitar forum not life choices 101 class if he's looking at a guitar forum to tell him the right thing to do he's in serious trouble anyway. Hell he knows he shouldn't blow his last $2500 dollars on a guitar and I'm guessing even if he's a real musician and doesn't know that well chances are good his lady does, and that they talked about it and she approved it even with a baby on the way so he probably has the cash to spare now and wanted to know what we thought of his guitar choice... ](*,)

Between the all good reasonable advice and the english lessons this places is getting down right educational - no wonder so few young posters stay for more than a few posts. Remember people we are musicians so were supposed to be a bad influence, he has family and friends to tell him how to do the right thing so;

Buy the guitar and hell why your at it get a matching freaking tatoo (but you really do need to watch spelling on the tatoo there forever) \:D/

Can I get a plus for this guy!

Ok, so can't get the 50th anniversary HB, and been told that no new Hummingbirds coming through for a couple of months from this supplier...

But, can get this for $2650 aussie dollars brand spanking new....I reckon it's a real bargain at that price....thoughts?

Bird.JPG

Sorry about the picture quality...it was from an iphone....I'm very tempted...bought from this store before and service was great...damn you Gibson...she look pretty!!! [love]

Congratulations! Suze would scold every one of us for having multiple guitars. I bet she only has one pair of shoes!

I played so many acoustics that my head went numb. Here's my take. I love the sound of most Gibson acoustics. But the Expression System on a Taylor blows everything else out of the water. If you don't plan to plug it in then I'd definitely go with the Gibson.

Ok, so can't get the 50th anniversary HB, and been told that no new Hummingbirds coming through for a couple of months from this supplier...

But, can get this for $2650 aussie dollars brand spanking new....I reckon it's a real bargain at that price....thoughts?

Bird.JPG

Sorry about the picture quality...it was from an iphone....I'm very tempted...bought from this store before and service was great...damn you Gibson...she look pretty!!! [love]

Man if you can get that for that price. order me one. Droooolllll

Congratulations! Suze would scold every one of us for having multiple guitars. I bet she only has one pair of shoes!

I played so many acoustics that my head went numb. Here's my take. I love the sound of most Gibson acoustics. But the Expression System on a Taylor blows everything else out of the water. If you don't plan to plug it in then I'd definitely go with the Gibson.

Have you tried the Songwriter? Standard or Deluxe. Ive had plenty of (plastic strap lock) Taylors and yeah they were great plugged in But IMO for an all round guitar its either the Songwriter or the D28 with an Aura

Ok. Just checked the local store here in Sydney and they want $4,299!!!

B*gger that....Just spoke with my man in Melbourne and she's on her way!!!! Hmmm...Hummingbird!!! [thumbup]

The baby can eat toast....I'm a guitarist not an adult... [flapper] (Joking obviously before all the Dad's jump on me)

Happy days.... [biggrin]

B*gger that....Just spoke with my man in Melbourne and she's on her way!!!! Hmmm...Hummingbird!!! [thumbup]

The baby can eat toast....I'm a guitarist not an adult... [flapper] (Joking obviously before all the Dad's jump on me)

Happy days.... [biggrin]

Congratulations, be sure to post photos, when she arrives! ;>)

CB

Happy days.... [biggrin]

Dude who do you deal with in Melbourne if you dont mind me asking. I get a pretty good deal on Gibson's here in Adelaide but not that good. Im always looking for good stores.

Too late the Bird has flown...

Now I have another dilema...names!!! for both the guitar (A girls name obviously) and for the new born..sex undetermined until next Wednesday if we want to know??!!

I have a couple of names if the baby is a girl, but suggestions would be good, also, bit stumped for boys names...strange how you turn into your parents and go all traditional..

I want Frank (After Mr Zappa) but my wife wont go for it [laugh] Maybe James or Jimmy after Page and Hendrix?

Again, suggestions please...nothing too strange.. [thumbup]

If it's a girl, GIBSON, a boy, FENDER.......[flapper]:rolleyes: ...........It's going to be a girl, and I dunno....Lots of good girl's names.....

I had six daughters.........hmmm.................[scared] ........

Archived