Gibson Brands Forums

Police talk!

chase1410

I took a pinch on a dope charge in Lincoln in 06. I called a lawyer anticipating conspiracy charges, and he told me to wait and see what the formal charge was. Turns out it was logged in as under an ounce, which was 1/4 of what I had with me. Guess some green "fell out of the bag" on the way to the station. I ended up paying $160 in fines plus court cost if I recall. Its a great racket for the boys in blue. What am I going to say, "I actually had about a QP, your honor, so I want to be honest and take the D felony instead of the fine."

It was really funny, the cop actually commented on how good my stuff was when I was getting busted. I always wondered how much of it actually made it into evidence. It was probably barely enough to roll a spliff. I have not touched the stuff in years, so kids, dont do drugs! Stay in school!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds about right jnastynebr..........I grew up in part in Boston.........................Police corruption is rampant there...

Of course I can't discuss it, but......gosh golly gee wiz.......................[scared] :unsure: [crying] .....

Sounds about right jnastynebr..........I grew up in part in Boston.........................Police corruption is rampant there...

Of course I can't discuss it, but......gosh golly gee wiz.......................[scared] :unsure: [crying] .....

You gota teach me your legal skills sometime damian..sounds like you've been through your fair share..

YOU CUT DOWN THE TREES!!!!! [scared]

Tree hater! [cursing] I'm gonna call the ASPCT on you!

Just kidding. [wink]

No joke. My family was known as the "tree killers" for two years in my neighborhood because we had two trees cut down in OUR yard that were dead and were expected to fall within the year. People are nucking futs

My advice;

When a cop knocks on the door, DO NOT open the door with a doobie in your hand!!!

They will really get pissed!

Oh yeah...make sure you have you're pants on too!

First impressions are very important!

Carry on citizen................ [wink]

VERY good advice! LOL

No joke. My family was known as the "tree killers" for two years in my neighborhood because we had two trees cut down in OUR yard that were dead and were expected to fall within the year. People are nucking futs

Seems like it gets worse each year Fred.

Guest FarnsBarns

I have a friend who likes a doobie now and then, he lives on a rough estate and has police knock on hos door several times a year to ask if he witnessed X, Y or Z. He always stands at the door chatting with the police while smoking his joint. He's nutts! Cracks me up! Never been nicked though.

Never claimed to be a saint, stein. Are you asking if there is a connection between me getting nicked with a little herb, and a city in Nebraska that employs more police per cap than Detroit? I don't know. I'll have to look into that one, but I don't think they are related. Poss of under 1 oz in NE is an infraction, not even considered a crime. So I guess I owe LPD a debt of gratitude for making sure that baggie lost some weight before it was checked into evidence.

Yes, my mistake was possessing a fat bag of a controlled substance and assuming these were strait cops. The cop's mistake was not having the stones to come out and ask for a bribe. I would have kicked johnny some scratch to make it go away. I'm a business man.

I don't hold a grudge. I would be bored if my job had 500 to many people on the pay roll, too.

Never claimed to be a saint, stein. Are you asking if there is a connection between me getting nicked with a little herb, and a city in Nebraska that employs more police per cap than Detroit? I don't know. I'll have to look into that one, but I don't think they are related. Poss of under 1 oz in NE is an infraction, not even considered a crime. So I guess I owe LPD a debt of gratitude for making sure that baggie lost some weight before it was checked into evidence.

Yes, my mistake was possessing a fat bag of a controlled substance and assuming these were strait cops. The cop's mistake was not having the stones to come out and ask for a bribe. I would have kicked johnny some scratch to make it go away. I'm a business man.

I don't hold a grudge. I would be bored if my job had 500 to many people on the pay roll, too.

lol..I was actually refering to the post above mine, but hit the wrong button. Get it? the "connection"?

"We stopped by to ask you if you knew anything about a crime that happened some blocks away from you, perhaps you saw something. Seen any suspicious activity lately?" And the guy REGULARLY answers the door with a joint?

But in all fairness to the cops that made your amounts disappear, it is entirely possible they had mercy on you and felt that busting you for a smaller amount was enough, and made the pot disappear by flushing it. It happens quite a lot I think.

Cops are people too, and not only are bound to the law but have to make the best judgement calls they can when they decide who to write up and who to bust. I don't know all the facts, but it seems to me that from what you described they problably felt that you were a good guy but the amounts you had on you warrented some kind of infraction but not the one the law would provide for, and they acted accordingly. I would call that a straight cop in my book.

lol..I was actually refering to the post above mine, but hit the wrong button. Get it? the "connection"?

"We stopped by to ask you if you knew anything about a crime that happened some blocks away from you, perhaps you saw something. Seen any suspicious activity lately?" And the guy REGULARLY answers the door with a joint?

But in all fairness to the cops that made your amounts disappear, it is entirely possible they had mercy on you and felt that busting you for a smaller amount was enough, and made the pot disappear by flushing it. It happens quite a lot I think.

Cops are people too, and not only are bound to the law but have to make the best judgement calls they can when they decide who to write up and who to bust. I don't know all the facts, but it seems to me that from what you described they problably felt that you were a good guy but the amounts you had on you warrented some kind of infraction but not the one the law would provide for, and they acted accordingly. I would call that a straight cop in my book.

So the cops should decide what part or parts of a law they will enforce? Lady justice should be blind IMHO.

Man it really sucks when people get pissy over what there neighbors do in their own houses...I have a tenant that lives above me and not only have I played my guitar at what I thought was pretty loud levels, but I have used the line in on my amp and connected my iPod to it at a couple parties. Never once have I been approached by him or his wife asking me to keep it down and they most certainly have not called the cops. Then again sound ordinance here doesn't kick in till 10 or 10:30pm which I usually abide by during weekdays as I would hate to start a war on a night that I need sleep for work! If this were to happen to me I would totally be like Thomas Edison on that episode of Family Guy were he fights with his neighbor then walks into his house, slams the door and cranks Foxy Lady.

As for the comment about answering the door with a joint, the cops shouldn't really be able to do anything about it unless you live in one of those states that has the Nazi-like drug laws where a "roach" can get you 25 years in prison. Cops generally don't pay attention to stuff they aren't called out for, sure they might take your joint out of your mouth and give you the old talking to, but they can NOT go any further then that without obtaining warrants and all that legal crap even though they will try to. I had cops try and force there way into my house at 4am one morning when someone tried to steal my car cause they thought I was drunk, I refused to let them in my house. Applewood Smoked Bacon is the only bacon I let into my house.

So the cops should decide what part or parts of a law they will enforce? Lady justice should be blind IMHO.

Absolutely, and we hope and pray they have good judgement.

For example, should they write everyone a ticket for speeding? Jay walking, or if you happened to be making a quick run to the store and forgot your wallet? What if you forgot it was the first of the month and forgot to pay your car insurance bill? If we all followed the letter of the law, we would all be constantly busted. So, if we are going to expect the police to have to write a ticket or bust someone EVERY time an infraction is witnessed, then we should all be willing to turn ourselves in every time we break the law.

We hope and expect that the judgement of a cop on his worst day is better or equal than uors on our best day. I am sticking up for cops here because in that sense, we ask a lot of them in that sense and for the most part we make it harder for them. We publish everything they do wrong and any mistakes they make and anything we don't like while at the same time we do very little to encourage them to do right or let them know what we think right is as far as what we expect of them.

Every call for them requires a judgement by them, because they are not only the first witnesses but also because they have to decide how best to enforce the law, as well as what is the letter of the law and what is the intent of the law. Clearly, we don't expect a cop to enforce every detail and every infraction, but at the same time we have a tendancy to think it is always unfair when we are the ones "chosen" to get the ticket or get busted.

Funny thing is, Jnasty...I got caught with the exact same amount...except I was charged with conspiracy, but was eventually turned into Poss. over an OZ. I spent some jail time, house arrest, and probation...It was effing ridiculous compared to sexual assault, burglaries, and "harder" drug infractions others were in for that were getting less time and punishment then me! Seems like you got lucky, but your not even close to the 1st person from Nebraska (Omaha and Lincoln area) that has had that exact same coincidence...Mighty interesting how our correctional system works eh?

You gota teach me your legal skills sometime damian..sounds like you've been through your fair share..

I don't have a criminal record.....per se..........

I studied labor law for years, criminal law for one year, and now landlord tenant law..........

My Aspergers allows me to understand and grasp what the law " means " ,

from a three dementional point of view....When I am done winning the three legal

battles I have left, as a plantiff, I will be setting up my own web-site to help

disabled and low income people with non criminal legal help, advise,

and refferals.......The justice system, civil and criminal, in this country,

are difficult and hard to navigate....The systems are neither fair, balanced,

affordable, honest, etc etc...But they exist, and no pun intended, but they

are a necissary evil....Knowledge and an understanding of the actual

LAWS are what carry real weight...Right and wrong are equations and

facts that are sadly often ignored in the judicial systems..What counts

in courts are case law, and the " letter of the law." That's just the way

it is.......Feel free to PM me anytime...............

As far as police go, I have no problem with them per se, as long as

they do their jobs well, follow the law themselves, do not abuse

the authority invested in them, and remain honest...The problem is,

this is asking a lot from anyone.......................................

Yeah it's a catch 22. Insurance won't pay if they hit the house due to neglect of not cutting them if they have disease or rot... Anytime the wind would blow I could see a gap open up through the tree 2 to 3 inches or more. [scared]

Yeah it's a catch 22. Insurance won't pay if they hit the house due to neglect of not cutting them if they have disease or rot... Anytime the wind would blow I could see a gap open up through the tree 2 to 3 inches or more. [scared]

Andy, if your experience in RL is anything like your experience on the Gibson site, you will pretty much get in trouble no matter what you do.

I don't have a criminal record.....per se..........

I studied labor law for years, criminal law for one year, and now landlord tenant law..........

My Aspergers allows me to understand and grasp what the law " means " ,

from a three dementional point of view....When I am done winning the three legal

battles I have left, as a plantiff, I will be setting up my own web-site to help

disabled and low income people with non criminal legal help, advise,

and refferals.......The justice system, civil and criminal, in this country,

are difficult and hard to navigate....The systems are neither fair, balanced,

affordable, honest, etc etc...But they exist, and no pun intended, but they

are a necissary evil....Knowledge and an understanding of the actual

LAWS are what carry real weight...Right and wrong are equations and

facts that are sadly often ignored in the judicial systems..What counts

in courts are case law, and the " letter of the law." That's just the way

it is.......Feel free to PM me anytime...............

As far as police go, I have no problem with them per se, as long as

they do their jobs well, follow the law themselves, do not abuse

the authority invested in them, and remain honest...The problem is,

this is asking a lot from anyone.......................................

I appreciate that, thank you...Luckily as of now my record is clean except one disorderly conduct charge that was a completely different situation in itself..(though does involve what I would consider a not so righteous cop).

I appreciate that, thank you...Luckily as of now my record is clean except one disorderly conduct charge that was a completely different situation in itself..(though does involve what I would consider a not so righteous cop).

Aha !!!!!!!!! They caught you buying an Epi and not a Gibby !!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL........!!!!!!!!!!!!! [flapper][unsure][crying] :unsure: [lol] [lol] .........

Yeah, that would make the cops the cops, judge, attorney, jury and lord high executioner. If you got a wrap on the hand instead of a well deserved kick in the keister and a visit with the judge, you might find the cop to be upstanding and doing the right thing. If on the other hand, the cop lost a daughter to a drug fiend and felt you deserved more than the law usually doled out, then beat you up, stuck a piece in your hand, then blew your brains out.... he's a bad cop.

There is a reason the law has multiple entities to try your case. I just hope, for your sake, you don't ever have a run in with a cop who would rather see you bleeding in the gutter for having a doobie in your pocket, then waste his lunch break cuffing, stuffing, and booking you, then using up a perfectly good day off looking at you in a court room.

Be careful what you ask for. You might just get it.

I was just playing not too loud about an hour ago & got a text message from my landlord stating that she was enjoying it.

Craig

When i was still living with my parents, our next door neighbour admited to lying in the bath listening when i played guitar.. a weird kind of compliment i think!!! [unsure]

When i was still living with my parents, our next door neighbour admited to lying in the bath listening when i played guitar.. a weird kind of compliment i think!!! [unsure]

Probably got a bit of acousitcal amplification in the tub.

Archived