Gibson Brands Forums

Police talk!

chase1410

Ignore them. IF the police were ticked about the complainant, I'm sure they've been called on other neighbors in the 'hood.

Eventually, they will get a big red asterisk next to their name. Meaning chronic complainers.

Just do your durndest to be a good neighbor. Crank it down by 7:00, and off by 9:00 (when most municipalities' night noise ordinances go into effect)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My advice;

When a cop knocks on the door, DO NOT open the door with a doobie in your hand!!!

They will really get pissed!

Oh yeah...make sure you have you're pants on too!

First impressions are very important!

Carry on citizen................ [wink]

My advice;

When a cop knocks on the door, DO NOT open the door with a doobie in your hand!!!

Um, ah, hmmm......What's a " doobie " ????? :unsure: [crying][confused][scared] ....

That brings back some sweet memories. [smile]

We used to play till the early morning hours, sometimes the cops would come 2 times a night, but they often came. We just said "yes sir" and stopped for a while, then we try and play quiet, then it would get louder..ah, to be young again.

But really, I never want to be rude to my nieghbors, I want them to be happy. But there is a thing called harmony. It works both ways. Sometimes noise is hard to avoid. Do you discourage a kid from learning saxaphone?

There is unaviodable niose from lawnmowers and yardwork, saws and nails from home improvements, then perhaps saws and engines from hobbiest, things that bring JOY. And what is music? One of the most joyous hobbies a person can do. It's called being human. Yea, sometimes we make sick sounds, but how else does one get good at it? Again, picture a little girl trying to learn the saxophone. And all humans if they are human have the same love in them no matter how old we get.

I think we owe our nieghbors efforts to make them happy, but there comes a point where they owe us a little effort to put up with a little noise as well. And there are some noises that are pretty unpleasant, like poeple fighting. We put up with that because we want to respect them, so why is making happy noise worse?

If you don't want to hear people, you maybe should consider living away from poeple. But the rules are, and the law is, we are entitled to certain amounts and levels of noise.

My advice;

Always pretty good advice whenever anybody answers the door. Sadly opening the door naked with a joint in your hand hasn't really worked in most situations since the late sixties, [smile]

I have an understanding with the woman upstairs from me (?!?!) if I play too loud she just stamps her foot a couple of times and I turn it down. Works well - and I don't complain about her Karaoke parties that go on to 5 AM.

Here's a thought.

Disruptive behavior sometimes is a manifestation of not knowing one's neighbors and just plain loneliness.

Why not have a block party in your back yard to welcome the 'newer' neighbors. Invite them over for braats and beer and maybe they will become friendly enough to at least tolerate you until the supper hour.

You'll catch a lot more flies with sugar than vinegar.

Reminds me of back in 1970 when I had a apt. above a elderly deaf lady. When I would practice or jam with my bandmates, she would lean on the wall and "feel" the music...She loved it!! She was a widow and would leaves notes telling us how she loved to dance to the beat!

My advice is to leave Nebraska. I went to high school and college in Lincoln, and there are waaaaaaay too many cops in that state. Normally if somebody calls in a noise complaint at 4 PM, the police would say something like, "Yup, we'll get right on that.....", and forget to put out the call. In Nebraska, they send 2 squad cars 5 minutes after the call because they have nothing to do because there are twice as many cops on the payroll as there needs to be.

I have some great stories about LPD that I would love to share some time.

My advice is to leave Nebraska. I went to high school and college in Lincoln, and there are waaaaaaay too many cops in that state. Normally if somebody calls in a noise complaint at 4 PM, the police would say something like, "Yup, we'll get right on that.....", and forget to put out the call. In Nebraska, they send 2 squad cars 5 minutes after the call because they have nothing to do because there are twice as many cops on the payroll as there needs to be.

Nebraska needs more " grow " operations........To keep them away from law abiding musicians.............[thumbup][flapper][thumbup] ...

Please share. One of my guilty pleasures are cop stories.

I grew up in rural Michigan where the county cops are all on high end power trips and never fail to give you an unwarranted attitude. City and state cops aren't this way. City cops are more Barney Fife and as long as you cooperate and throw some yes, sir, state cops won't do you wrong.

Having neighbors can really stink. You have to understand their side too ( at least the reasonable ones). I hated living in apartments and in town and with my parents so when I finally bought a house I was determined never to have to hear the police knocking, or neighbors or parents *****ing to turn it down!

My neighbors...

Pretty much the same all the way around...

A couple of complainers taken care of [biggrin]

da504c05.jpg

9ea05616.jpg

86beb6ea.jpg

I do get a lot of request for "The Trees" by Rush though! [biggrin]

Yeah, Nebraska cops can lick my big toe. The only time we need close to as many bodies on the street are during the college world series, or for the 8 Nebraska home games each year. But instead of hiring auxiliaries or outsourcing to security companies, we employ 50% more year round cops than we need.

The Lincoln Journal Star has been on this issue, but nothing has changed. Just to put it into perspective, Lincoln NE has more police per cap than Detroit MI, Chicago IL, or DC.

Yeah, Nebraska cops can lick my big toe. The only time we need close to as many bodies on the street are during the college world series, or for the 8 Nebraska home games each year. But instead of hiring auxiliaries or outsourcing to security companies, we employ 50% more year round cops than we need.

The Lincoln Journal Star has been on this issue, but nothing has changed. Just to put it into perspective, Lincoln NE has more police per cap than Detroit MI, Chicago IL, or DC.

Wow, thats ridiculous...I've been in a fair share of trouble and have been in the hands of our correction system..Evol and Jnasty are absolutey correct..I'm a very polite and resonable guy, but there are some cops, just out on a powertrip, to try to prove to themselves there actually worth a damn..(when most aren't)..What's the U.S. coming to? It feels like that more of our freedoms are getting taken away everyday. I'm going to Europe, (ie. Amsterdamn) if I ever get enough savings. I know, off topic, but at least I wont be persecuted for smoking a plant.

Trees down in Andy's backyard....Hmmmm....I'm sensing guitar builds from scratch....[flapper][thumbup][woot] ...

Unfortunately I don't have much good Guitar wood other than black walnut. Drying time would be years. Those pics are from last year. Fire wood now!

Wow, thats ridiculous...I've been in a fair share of trouble and have been in the hands of our correction system..Evol and Jnasty are absolutey correct..I'm a very polite and resonable guy, but there are some cops, just out on a powertrip, to try to prove to themselves there actually worth a damn..(when most aren't)..What's the U.S. coming to? It feels like that more of our freedoms are getting taken away everyday. I'm going to Europe, (ie. Amsterdamn) if I ever get enough savings. I know, off topic, but at least I wont be persecuted for smoking a plant.

Ironically, the last Omaha Legislator that adressed this issue (that I can remember) was Ernie Chambers. Its funny that he was labeled as a nut, but was the only one with the stones to say what everyone knew. We have issues with nepitism in Connecticut, but the cops dont pull you over just becuase they dont have anything to do. The Nebraska tax payers need to step up and nip this in the butt. I love that Nebraska residents also pay for 80 motorcycles for the police so they can drive them for the 4 months out of the year that there isnt snow on the ground.

Yeah, its nice to have a cop on the corner downtown to keep the peace, but not at the expense of harassment because there are 3000 people doing the jobs of 2000. Same principle as Office Space, "Did you get the memo about the new cover sheets for the TPS reports?"

I went through a trial once......Two Police Detectives and a reg officer (all male) testified against me; they lied on the stand, and the jury knew it....

A female police detective also testified against me; she told the truth, and the jury knew it....

The prosecuter was one of the State's best.....I wasn't guilty, and wasn't going to plea bargin; By the end of the trial, she realized the State's error,

and suggested to the jury that they find me not guilty....They did indeed find me not guilty.........

What I learned was, don't talk to cops after an arrest without an attorney.......And juries actually do their job.............

And I learned that plea bargins are how and why our prisons are full.....Innocent folks get scared and plea bargin.....

They offered ten years in the big house to me, I literally told them, " No thanks, I'll take 50 more years of freedom, go %&^* yerselfs." And they did....

Archived