Gibson Brands Forums

Now that crash was brutal -

BigKahune

Guest FarnsBarns

Ya know prior to them moving the forum, and everyone losing 2k posts each there was no crashes that I remember. I might be wrong but it appears the more they "fine tune" the easier it is for the forum to crash.

I could be wrong; although I don't think so. This forum used to be identical to the Ibanez Forum which is a rock solid forum. Why Gibson felt the need to fix a forum that was not broken really escapes me?

The Ibanez form that's down right now?

[lol]

Guest FarnsBarns

Damn talk about bad timing on my behalf...... lol

Funny thing is I only looked it up to see what forum application was in use and if there was any interesting info I could give you.

This is all I know since it's down...

A ) what ever it is It's ASPX (Microsoft, slow, clunky, bloated, proprietory scripting language) based so it sucks in my book.

B ) they didn't replace the standard error page so there devs suck.

I heard one of the key operators plugged in his new USB Les Paul, but forgot to turn the volume down.. Blew half the tubes in the main frame. Took them 8 hours to clear the smoke out of the room.

I heard one of the key operators plugged in his new USB Les Paul, but forgot to turn the volume down.. Blew half the tubes in the main frame. Took them 8 hours to clear the smoke out of the room.

I'll bet all that smoke and fire made them cross !!!!!!!!!!!!!! [flapper] :unsure: [lol] ............

If you have no life outside of this forum then you need to get out more.

+1

For our servers we have a Linux guy, a drupal guy, a database guy, and a dude that does video. All it takes is 1 guy to issue the wrong command or mess up a code, and the whole thing is screwed. It happens all the time. Thats not even counting the physical things that can go wrong with a server. It crashed. Its fixed. Life goes on.

They have problems with a simple forum, yet they want people to buy a bluetooth equipped guitar?

"I can't play tonight, they are having problems with the server..."

That is why GOD invented acoustic guit tars. [biggrin]

+1

For our servers we have a Linux guy, a drupal guy, a database guy, and a dude that does video. All it takes is 1 guy to issue the wrong command or mess up a code, and the whole thing is screwed. It happens all the time. Thats not even counting the physical things that can go wrong with a server. It crashed. Its fixed. Life goes on.

THIS!

Not to mention firmware upgrades on the MB and the infamous MS patches to any windows based OSes... Having lived in the nightmare world that is "weekend server farm updates", a 24 hour outage to a non essential server is a blessing :)!

Archived