Gibson Brands Forums

My amp rig is completed!!!

duane v

Well the two year search for the amp, and experimenting has finally come to a fruition.... I had to spend a little more money than I wanted to, but the end result has produced the best guiater tones since I've been playing guitar [thumbup]

The timing couldnt had been better, because the old group is looking to do about five shows this year, and my old guitar tech is willing to charge me $200 per gig to set up my stuff.

Anywhoo here is the new rig

My rig

(Dry Set-up)

Mojave AmpWorks Dirty Boy head with a Mojave 4X12 Cab mic'd with an SM58. I run it with a Aracom PRX150-DAG Attenuator.

(Wet Set-up)

JBL EON 315 powered monitor coming out of the Behringer 12-Channel Mixer using a balanced y stereo cable. I'm using the on-board adjustable presets effects built-in to the mixer, and surprisingly the effects sound great. I'm able to switch to different preset effects through a homemade foot pedal.

(My clean set-up)

VOX AC50CP2 (preamp and speaker upgrades). I switch between the VOX and the Mojave Dirty Boy via the Lehle 1at3 SGoS ABY switch box. The effects I use with the VOX are the Keeley 4-knob compressor, TREX Replica Delay, two Digitech PDS1700 (USA made).

Sounds like FUN, to me! Cool!

CB

When I saw Larry Carlton, he was using the same type of set-up where he would mic his dry set-up, and it was fed into a mixer out of two JBL powered monitors, and his effects came out of the JBL's.... Then he had another amp mainly for his clean tones..... It just sounded totally GREAT at the stage level [thumbup]

Only thing now is I need Larry's chops [biggrin]

Sounds very interesting Duane any chance of a video clip explaining it and demo?

I'm actually going to do a video to explain the rig, and also finally prove to some of my doubters that I do actually play the guitar...LOL!!!

Well the two year search for the amp, and experimenting has finally come to a fruition.... I had to spend a little more money than I wanted to, but the end result has produced the best guiater tones since I've been playing guitar [thumbup]

The timing couldnt had been better, because the old group is looking to do about five shows this year, and my old guitar tech is willing to charge me $200 per gig to set up my stuff.

Anywhoo here is the new rig

My rig

(Dry Set-up)

(Wet Set-up)

(My clean set-up)

sounds like your shampoo cycle to me........now rinse and repeat.msp_flapper.gif

sounds like your shampoo cycle to me........now rinse and repeat.msp_flapper.gif

LOL!!! But I just use irish spring for shampoo which I use for my body. Once I cut my locks short, IMO there was no need for shampoo and conditioners.... thats what gel is for [thumbup]

Two years - that's a lot of searching.

Congrats on finally making decisions. B)

Looking forward to the vid.

I've been chasing my old rig set-up tone that consisted of two 1982 Boogie MarkIIB heads... I came somewhat close when I went with the two MarkIV heads, but was never really completely happy with that set-up. Early last year I sold my four boogie 4x12 cabs and the two boogie MarkIV heads for a good amount of coin, so that basically paid for the Mojave dirty boy set-up.... but ya it's been a long search

I've been chasing my old rig set-up tone that consisted of two 1982 Boogie MarkIIB heads... I came somewhat close when I went with the two MarkIV heads, but was never really completely happy with that set-up. Early last year I sold my four boogie 4x12 cabs and the two boogie MarkIV heads for a good amount of coin, so that basically paid for the Mojave dirty boy set-up.... but ya it's been a long search

I know how amp searches can go! 2 years and I have only one of three sounds I would like to include in it!

Can you include the EDS in your video? Its just so darn cool.

Dang that sounds awesome but it sounds like a huge pain in the *** to set up. Good thing you're getting someone to set it up for you.

How do you like the Trex Replica? I remember you had a Carbon Copy that you ditched. I've tried the Carbon Copy and I thought it was good but not great.

Dang that sounds awesome but it sounds like a huge pain in the *** to set up. Good thing you're getting someone to set it up for you.

How do you like the Trex Replica? I remember you had a Carbon Copy that you ditched. I've tried the Carbon Copy and I thought it was good but not great.

It's not too bad to set-up, but if I had to do it myself at a gig, I would stress.

I like the TREX, because it's FX-loop friendly, and I also like the line level feature.

It's not too bad to set-up, but if I had to do it myself at a gig, I would stress.

I like the TREX, because it's FX-loop friendly, and I also like the line level feature.

Having control over the level is awesome on a delay pedal. Pedals that drop your volume and have no level control are pretty much useless... I have my delay pedal set for a tiny little boost.

So are you still looking for a reverb pedal or are you using the reverb on your amp or mixer?

But if the wet effects go only to the monitors, then how does everyone hear it?

Or does that mean it goes to the PA too?

I know rigs, I just have no idea how PA's and mixing boards are incorporated.

But if the wet effects go only to the monitors, then how does everyone hear it?

Or does that mean it goes to the PA too?

I know rigs, I just have no idea how PA's and mixing boards are incorporated.

The PA mic's the dry set-up, and the effects are added from the mixing board effects pres-sets, which is amplified through the JBLEON315 monitor.

Archived