Gibson Brands Forums

Woman Gets Oral Surgery, Wakes Up With Irish Accent

dem00n

That's the strangest thing I've read lately. I didn't know that we stored foreign accents in our brain and we were just one minor stroke away from picking one up. I wonder if it's limited to Irish or can you get Russian or German? Maybe even Southern! "Hey y'all..."

Strange....

Foreign Accent Syndrome, its a real condition and is very rare, I have seen it twice in stoke patients, all of a sudden speaking in a french accent or whatever. Uncommon to happen after a local or general anesthetic though almost makes me wonder if the lady had a stroke while under the knife, very weird indeed.

And hey I like the Aussie accent!

I tend to believe 1/10th of "science" news in the Huffington Post. This is not one of those tenths. hehehehe

99% of stuff posted on Blogs (Huffington Post is just an overglorified blog) is just readers interpretation and opinion. I never really got into the blog thing for this reason, I like getting my news straight forward and correct...FOX NEWS ALL THE WAY!

99% of stuff posted on Blogs (Huffington Post is just an overglorified blog) is just readers interpretation and opinion. I never really got into the blog thing for this reason, I like getting my news straight forward FOX NEWS ALL THE WAY!

I like getting my news without the station having a bias towards any particular party and just reporting the facts. Having visited the lovely states a number of times, it always saddens me that some of the news stations are so 'full on' and obviously biassed towards one political agenda or the other.

Matt

99% of stuff posted on Blogs (Huffington Post is just an overglorified blog) is just readers interpretation and opinion. I never really got into the blog thing for this reason, I like getting my news straight forward and correct...FOX NEWS ALL THE WAY!

All news is biased.

Straight forward and correct, then you say FOX News?

Are you high?

Straight forward and correct, then you say FOX News?

Are you high?

Yes, yes I am of course my herbs are prescribed by a doctor, not sure if he has a license or not though.

It was a joke, because I pretty sure FOX makes 99% of there news up. I still rely on old fashioned newspaper for my news, gives me something to read from 8am to about 10am in the morning at work, Vancouver Sun or The Province :D

Yes, yes I am of course my herbs are prescribed by a doctor, not sure if he has a license or not though.

It was a joke, because I pretty sure FOX makes 99% of there news up. I still rely on old fashioned newspaper for my news, gives me something to read from 8am to about 10am in the morning at work, Vancouver Sun or The Province :D

Thank god...

I love Fox and Friends, that is hilarious.

I go to BBC for my news

Thank god...

I love Fox and Friends, that is hilarious.

I go to BBC for my news

BBC is good stuff for news, I would watch the CBC but just listening to there voices makes me want to sleep!

[biggrin]

By far my fave accent, I remember I went to school with a girl from down under she had a soft voice with the accent and wow sure made me stand at full mast, and fast, if you know what I mean.

Guest FarnsBarns

BBC is good stuff for news, I would watch the CBC but just listening to there voices makes me want to sleep!

By far my fave accent, I remember I went to school with a girl from down under she had a soft voice with the accent and wow sure made me stand at full mast, and fast, if you know what I mean.

She sounds to me closer to Dutch or some Scandinavian language than Irish. That said, she sounds like an American more than anything.

hmm that ain't any accent I recognise from the British Isles LMAO

Yep, that sounds like a speech impediment that people interpret as an accent.

I was asked if I was Cajun over the weekend, go figure.

Archived