Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar for my Son.

Enmitygauged

gibson.jpg

Bought this last night for my boy. Its an incentive for him to get good grades. If he doesnt he get his grades up I will have a nice new guitar. I figured with only 120 of these being made it might appreciate in value but also its good enough for a 14 year old to play on. Thoughts?

What model is it?

How do you figure that there's only 120 of them being made?

just searched that 120 were made for the 50s tribute LPs. but they made more of the 60's tribute LPs cause of the 50s popularity,

so Im guessing the number is WAY bigger

gibson.jpg

Bought this last night for my boy. Its an incentive for him to get good grades. If he doesnt he get his grades up I will have a nice new guitar. I figured with only 120 of these being made it might appreciate in value but also its good enough for a 14 year old to play on. Thoughts?

Lucky boy and what a kind dad he has. Lovely looking guitar!

Matt

Had read Gibson was making 120 of each color for 6 months of the 50s tribute. That would be 720 of each color, 3600 total tributes. As far as the 60s tributes go, heard there will be more produced than the 50s tributes. Don't know how accurate the info is, so don't take it to the bank.

What model is it?

How do you figure that there's only 120 of them being made?

I got it off some website listing 120 of each colour. I tried to get the Gold top but they have already sold out. Gibson (apparently) told my music store that they wont be doing any more than the 120 as they are a limited run.

Had read Gibson was making 120 of each color for 6 months of the 50s tribute. That would be 720 of each color, 3600 total tributes. As far as the 60s tributes go, heard there will be more produced than the 50s tributes. Don't know how accurate the info is, so don't take it to the bank.

The website I read had them down as a total of 500 for the 60's tribute. but the maths didnt add up. Oh well he loves it. Personally for the 1100.00 AUD its worth it if there was 20000 of them made

it was off a sellers website. I found it while I was researching pricing>>>>..they said. If you can believe a sales ploy or not.

guitar-2662462507821354710.jpg

This is the STUDIO 60's Tribute WORN EBONY . This one was made in 2011. These have been the hottest selling guitars for a while now (now re-done in new 2011 60's version with slimmer neck). I have 2 of these WORN EBONY versions available in additon to the other colors except white. These come new unplayed with all papers in a Gibson gig bag with a FREE cord. These guitars are all new. If you've been following these guitars you know how rare they will be. Gibson only made 600 of these guitars, 120 each of the five color choices offered. They stated that the gold tops were the first to sell out. They said that they meant it when they said, "Limited Run". Buy this and you will have yourself one very collectible guitar! Included is the padded gig bag, tags AND A FREE CORD. Shipping is only $25.00 in the continental U.S.A. only for insured postage. GET IT NOW OR THEY WILL BE GONE SOON! THESE ARE SOLD OUT!!

CODA music in the UK a very well respected online site is making the same claims.

gibson.jpg

as said, very nice i'm sure he'll love it [thumbup], can i make a suggestion that will make him love it a teeny weeny bit more?...lemon oil the fingerboard before you give it to him [biggrin]

The website I read had them down as a total of 500 for the 60's tribute. but the maths didnt add up. Oh well he loves it. Personally for the 1100.00 AUD its worth it if there was 20000 of them made

Glad he likes it. He'll love it for a long time!

as said, very nice i'm sure he'll love it [thumbup], can i make a suggestion that will make him love it a teeny weeny bit more?...lemon oil the fingerboard before you give it to him [biggrin]

Yep its gone back to the store they will hold it until the end of the year. I know if its in the house he will want to play it as will I. I am having the setup reworked as the intonation was really out and the pick up selector switch is almost a kill switch for the bridge. you have to flick it a couple of times to get it to work. I will get them to treat the finger board change the strings and lower the action by a tiny fraction. Poor kid gets so frustrated that I dont let him just grab my guitars and just play em, I do when Im practicing I'll let him have a quick play but then I take them back like a jealous 5 year old. lol

Archived