Gibson Brands Forums

I am in love with this little head

Enmitygauged

I just bought this little baby. Im a bit peeved at the price but I couldnt wait for my trip to the States to pick up one there and then change the transformer over void the warranty and all that crap so yeah I paid about 500 more than the American retail. [sneaky] but she is amazing I have owned Marshall Orange Fender and VOX this kills the Night train and the tiny terror IMO. And I can actually play when I get to a gig cos my arms havent fallen off carrying it. Through a LP you sound like an LP through a Strat you sound like its a strat I had a hard time picking a sound that didnt sound amazing oh and my tele lit up like Jeff Buckley possessed it. I cant say enough about how impressed I am.

9ef335c3.jpg

Man that thing is $950 here and you paid another $500 ontop of that, sorry but thats way too much for a lunchbox amp, I would put it on par probably with the Tiny Terror Dual which is only $799 and is still too pricey, anything more then $500 for a lunchbox amp is asking a little too much in my honest opinion. The sound better be so awesome it makes you cream your pants for that price.

I use this also, its a tone machine!

4 knobs per channel, whats the issue with that?

Mesa has always had a pretty high Kn0bs/Switches/Dials/Pots -> Tone ratio. Or lack of tone, depending on yer point of view. I've never had any luck with them, owned one long time ago for a short while, too dang many knobs to turn to make it even sound like something. Many folks have similar troubles with Mesa. I guess that's what that guy meant.

Or not, of course!

TransAtlantic is definitely interesting, but I haven't bothered to try one. Who knows, it might be My Mesa!

rct

I use this also, its a tone machine!

4 knobs per channel, whats the issue with that?

Going to be nice and not a troll and not hijack this thread like Datsyuk puck jacking another forward.

WTH,I assume that was directed at me, was it supposed to make sense?

That was me, directed at myself. I made one comment near the top and I am trying not to be a malaka. Sorry if you thought this was for you.

Weird, you guys are agaisnt Amps with a bunch of knobs but yet you spend lots of money on pedals that sound the same.

interesting...

Personally I'm not against Mesa Boogie at all, and certainly not because of number of kn0bs. It's the sound I don't like, and the inconsistency.

I haven't used a pedal since...before I got married, which was 1980. Which was also around the time that Peavey started cascading gains pretty well for way cheap, so Mesa became a little excessive for the money for most working guitar players.

Rock on bruthas, not everybody has to like what anybody uses, but can still be happy for another guitar player finding what he likes.

I use a Prosonic, have for...shoot, almost 15 years now. Most hate them, and I'm fine with that.

rct

Weird, you guys are agaisnt Amps with a bunch of knobs but yet you spend lots of money on pedals that sound the same.

interesting...

it doesnt have enough knobs for me! the more to play with the better, I really enjoy playing with my knob...

Ive played great amps with alot of knobs and a few knobs, they are both great. Rejecting a amp with alot of knobs is stupid, might as well reject redheads and date only blondes.

Life would suck if that was the case. Some people aren't fans of Mesas. I like them, but I'm also not put off by "all them gosh darn buttons."

Ive played great amps with alot of knobs and a few knobs, they are both great. Rejecting a amp with alot of knobs is stupid, might as well reject redheads and date only blondes.

You are right of course. I don't reject an amp at all based on the number of knobs, nor do I embrace an amp based on the number of knobs. Mesa, however, the one I owned, the two I've used out, and the Heartbreaker I came ---> <--- close to buying, has too many knobs for the sound you get. In my experience, you can get that sound with a gain, another gain, a mid, and a master.

And I'd use that little SOB or MKII or whatever it was back then for three nights in the same bar, same telecaster or firebird or whatever I was using, three very different settings for each night. Weird. And I'm not alone, there are lots of guitar players for whom they just don't work. It's all good though, more Mesas for them that loves 'em, more of the rest of the other amps for those of us that don'ts.

rct

interesting...

Jihad on you. None of my pedals sound like *any* amp. If they did make an amp that could sound like an Arbiter FuzzFace, Fuzzrite, and Fuzz Factory as well as the cleans of a Silvertone 1448 (poor man's sixties Fender Twin) I would be the first to drain my savings to own it.

And you're misrepresenting my post.

And it's a lot, not alot.

And Chicago got a new mayor yesterday.

Congrats! How are all of those knobs, switches, dials, and trim pots working out for you?

Well thats the only down side the foot switch IMO needs to select the different settings not just Channel. but they are easy enough to get to

Archived