Gibson Brands Forums

Battle of the Wahs

bluesguitar65

I would say the Dunlop sounded the best. It had a fuller tone when compared to the Ibanez. The Ibanez sound like it had scooped mids, and very bright treble to my ears. There was some nice riff-age in there as well.

Never tried the Morley MT before so can't comment. I do like the dunlops and their dependability. I did once own a Morley fuzz wah from the early 80's and that thing sang. I've never been able to find one, not even on ebay :(......

Never tried the Morley MT before so can't comment. I do like the dunlops and their dependability. I did once own a Morley fuzz wah from the early 80's and that thing sang. I've never been able to find one, not even on ebay :(......

i'm using the morley in the "don't believe a word" vid...check out my youtube page [biggrin]

Dunlop for me. The one pedal I use the least and probably like the most is my Crybaby From Hell.

"I mean its got that skater type grip on it so you foot doesnt slip when you spill beer on your pedal"

Dime said something along the lines of this when interviewed about the CFH and its 110% true!

A bit of a hijack....

I just bought 2 Wah pedals yesterday. A Vox and a Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q ( and a banshee talk box [biggrin]). The CB535Q is hands down the best sounding and most versatile Wah I have ever had.

What I like:

- It has a Wah Range selector so you can adjust between different filter ranges

- It has another knob to adjust the the Mid point of the Wah

- It has another knob to adjust the Volume

- it has a boost function

I'm not usually into a bunch of voodoo knobs and mojo switches but I have to say this really works great in front of my JTM 45.

The boost/volume adds that edge that a tube screamer does

by using the mid point adjustment and the the filter range selection you can use it as more of a tone control to dial in that mid range snarl like Michael Schenker

and you can get a ton of different Wah tones from janky funk to heavier Alice in Chains type

Sorry for the promo but I am very pleased! The vox is a cool straight up wah with a nice feel... and the Banshee Talk Box is a blast!

284d552f.jpg

cd788b47.jpg

92314713.jpg

a675ac23.jpg

Great Score Andy! Im interested in that 535Q. Would you happen to have a video demoing these pedals?

Thx They were both used..

No I'm already on the hook for making a video of the amp head I built. I'll try to post some stuff. I have had had all kinds of wahs over the years but have to say this is the one I will keep and use...

Andy

Thx They were both used..

No I'm already on the hook for making a video of the amp head I built. I'll try to post some stuff. I have had had all kinds of wahs over the years but have to say this is the one I will keep and use...

Andy

What do you think of these? A couple of vintage Italian made crybaby pedals and a Vox all three for $135. This guy is selling it at craigslist in Los Angeles, http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/msg/2391850636.html

Archived