Gibson Brands Forums

Why A White Case???

Dallastx

White goes well with everything!

The white inner lining on the cases are awesome.

They bring out the prestige of the instrument whilst it is lying at rest.

I have white & black inner lining cases and I like both but prefer the white.

Yes, the white enables you to take in the true color and finish while the axe is in bed. A very nice "display case".

The pink, on the other hand, just is hideous, imho. I know some cats dig it, though.

The question should be "What were they on?", for the brown/pink case.

"What were they thinking?" applies to the white case because they, in fact, were thinking. It is the best color interior imho.

I had a gold interior case for a black pbass once. Now that looked cool. The gold was shiny looking and bright and shimmered in pictures. It was like opening a treasure chest.

Excellent - no color leaching into the white/creme areas on the guitar - which can happen sometimes with dyed linings when liquids get involved. B)

Yep - sadly seen a couple of posts on it. Even been some posts about blue jean and shirt dyes leaching in.

Yes, the white enables you to take in the true color and finish while the axe is in bed. A very nice "display case".

The pink, on the other hand, just is hideous, imho. I know some cats dig it, though.

"What were they thinking?" applies to the white case because they, in fact, were thinking. It is the best color interior imho.

I had a gold interior case for a black pbass once. Now that looked cool. The gold was shiny looking and bright and shimmered in pictures. It was like opening a treasure chest.

I want a Gold Inner Lined case now.... [love]

The pink lined cases are probably a tribute to their 50's cases. I agree that they certainly do not compliment many finishes. My pet peeve with these cases is the shroud. It is everything that I can do not to grab a pair of scissors and snip, snip, snip...

I'm still a big fan of the old chainsaw cases with the blue lining, those things are indestructible and have the integrated type of handle that is least likely to break off. The Gibson gig bags seem to have used different linings at different times as well: I have 2 from the 90s, one with short pile green interior, one with a longer pile silvery-gray liner, and a modern one with white lining that came with my 60's tribute LP.

They were obsessed with California girls at that point in time :)

Am I the only one that likes the shroud? I think it adds a touch of class.

Craig

Mine always picks up crap off the floor and dumps it in the case when I flip it back inside. I also always have cat hair stuck to my guitar!

The white inner lining on the cases are awesome.

They bring out the prestige of the instrument whilst it is lying at rest.

I agree! At first I was "W+#?" then it grew on me. A Cherry Heritage SG Standard looks awesome resting in it's white lined case (of course, only when

not being played) and it's just as awesome in your hands when it's being played. I also dig the Alligator skin style black vinyl on the outside of the case.

In all, total class. [thumbup]

Haha, I feel your pain; in my photo above I swear the case has been open for about 90 seconds and that clump of cat hair has already managed to drift its way onto the guitar.

Yeh, I have 7 guitars of of various types and I have cat hair in all the cases. Sometimes I'll forget to close the case when I take my guitars out

to practice/play when I'm at home and before I know it, one of my three cats is sleeping in it. Then it gets on the guitars. Oh well, if you have

cats you just have to learn to live with it. B)

Archived