Gibson Brands Forums

MIA

Andy R

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rules are set up for many reasons. The most important is for the respect of others. We all get in to heated agreements and sometimes insanity plans a huge role in it all. Just have to think of it this way. If you could step away from the computer and say go hangout with Milod (just using you for an example), would you treat him with kindness and respect? I bet you would. It's a little different when your behind a computer rather than face to face. Always remember too, we are at the readers mercy. Just because you type it and mean it one way, doesn't mean the next person will take it that way.

Ok another note...where has Izzy been? have not seen her in ages.

Actually most of the innovation I've seen here had to do with guitars and music. I've heard the words before.

(Ah yes, that last line reminded me of once when, as a college freshman, I more than heard such words. While standing on a college dorm roof next to a huge PA, somehow a microphone came into my hand... I think I did manage a bit of verbal post-adolescent creativity borne from two years already away from home...)

Harumph. Not me. <chortle>

I still wanna know wha' happened to Cruisin'...

m

Guest FarnsBarns

and there you have it America the fine upstanding men of the GIBSON FORUM.

Prestige, Quality and Innovationeusa_clap.gif

It's only a throw away joke about an amusing typo fella.

I'm personally surprised that some of the words are allowed, and some of the overtly sexual-type references are allowed. Even some of the drug and alcohol comments.

The "politics" thing is kinda unfortunate in ways from my own perspective because I see a lot of very guitar-oriented stuff in politics and culture in general. The difficulty arises when some folks will jump in with both feet on one side or the other without considering the venue we share here.

m

That's the same way I feel. I miss some of the political discussions, but could do without the jr high level crude humor and I thought alcohol and drug references were a no no. The language used recently surprises me.

Don't get me wrong, I work in a steel mill and hash out four letter words with the best of em, but it's got no place here.

I agree with milod. Our society has a misplaced set of values. We lack respect for each another, and that culture is reflected in all public forums. We reward mediocrity, and no longer aspire to greatness. The considerations of the individual exclude considerations of the whole. On the other hand, I could be wrong... [biggrin]

Neo is only "suspended indefinitely', therefore, he is not banned......

Other than that, it gets interesting....That's all I'll say, or should.........

Cabba was a cool member, dunno where he went....or badbluesplayer.....

Meaning for an undetermined amount of time. However they took away his avatar, and removed all of his 'reputation points' as well as his Gibson secret decoder ring. If that ain't banned I don't know what is.

If I see him, I'll have to ask if he knows anything about those noods, Fuzzy Fred was talking about.

Meaning for an undetermined amount of time. However they took away his avatar, and removed all of his 'reputation points' as well as his Gibson secret decoder ring. If that ain't banned I don't know what is.

If I see him, I'll have to ask if he knows anything about those noods, Fuzzy Fred was talking about.

Interestingly, Tommy, his avitar and all was intact until SOMEONE mentioned him (Neo), then it appears

they went in and did the house cleaning thing....It's Gibson's sandbox though...........

I agree with milod. Our society has a misplaced set of values. We lack respect for each another, and that culture is reflected in all public forums. We reward mediocrity, and no longer aspire to greatness. The considerations of the individual exclude considerations of the whole.

Never a truer word was spoken. In fact we now downplay our greatness so those less fortunate won't have their feelings hurt.

TROPHY'S FOR EVERYONE!

YOU'RE ALL WINNERS HERE!!

FYI, I emailed Cruisin' - found an old email - and he's okay.

Some health issues with his wife kinda changed some priorities, he said. That's solved, but he kinda got into some changed habits and the Web kinda lost out.

I was just glad he's okay.

m

Interestingly, Tommy, his avitar and all was intact until SOMEONE mentioned him (Neo), then it appears

they went in and did the house cleaning thing....It's Gibson's sandbox though...........

His profile's been cleaned out for months.

Never a truer word was spoken. In fact we now downplay our greatness so those less fortunate won't have their feelings hurt.

TROPHY'S FOR EVERYONE!

YOU'RE ALL WINNERS HERE!!

The fact that you wrote it in all caps and in bold makes it all the more funny. And it is a painful funny laugh because it is so true. Like watching that Spinal Tap movie.

Archived