Gibson Brands Forums

FALD

Namvet

Thats great. What did you do?

Law enforcement & security for the govt. Final job was administrator for a couple of physical security programs and administrator for law enforcement program.

Gratz man!!

Stay busy and take up fishing or something. Boredom is retirement's only natural enemy.....

Projects will keep me physically active and the geets and trying to write some stuff will keep me mentally active. Need lots of practice on the geets since I'm not very good.

Personally, I was surprised how fast my "long list" of projects got completed.

I ended up back at work to cure my boredom. It's sad, really, LOL.

I'm told I was too young and that was the issue. I'll try again someday.

Perhaps :)

Personally, I was surprised how fast my "long list" of projects got completed.

I ended up back at work to cure my boredom. It's sad, really, LOL.

I'm told I was too young and that was the issue. I'll try again someday.

Perhaps :)

I'm definitely not in the too young catagory. Didn't want to get carried off the job on a gurney!

Big, big gratz on the retirement. VERY happy for you.

Of corse, retirement does NOT mean retiring from work, it only means you can now pick and choose which work you want to do and when.

Retired folks have as much contribution to society, through their choices of where they put their efforts as they do in the work force.

AND..the main thing is at the end of your working career, the end of your obligation to the service of the working world, you have EARNED it, unlike a birthday.

Thank you for your service to society. Now, step aside and keep yourself out of the work force so us younger guys can have a job.

Big, big gratz on the retirement. VERY happy for you.

Of corse, retirement does NOT mean retiring from work, it only means you can now pick and choose which work you want to do and when.

Retired folks have as much contribution to society, through their choices of where they put their efforts as they do in the work force.

AND..the main thing is at the end of your working career, the end of your obligation to the service of the working world, you have EARNED it, unlike a birthday.

Thank you for your service to society. Now, step aside and keep yourself out of the work force so us younger guys can have a job.

That is exactly my intention, keeping you young guys employed to raise your families comfortably.

Big congratz to you.

My wife got laid off 3 months ago and we decided early retirement was an option. She loves it. She can't sit still and is having a blast. My turn in about 6 years at 55 I hope.

You've earned the right to retire and I hope you excersize that right and priviledge to the fullest. Much frolicking, fun and family to you.

Dave

Congrats sir, well desereved I'm sure.

When I retire I want to take a course in making guitars, I'll be able to afford it and have the time then. [biggrin]

Short hijack.

Funny that you say that. I've spoken to my wife about exactly that.

There's a master builder in my area named Sergei de Jonge that offers courses in steel string and classical acoustic guitar building a few times a year. His courses are 4 weeks long at 8 hours a day. He even accomodates people from out of town. Pricey though at $4,000.

Dave

Short hijack.

There's a master builder in my area named Sergei de Jonge that offers courses in steel string and classical acoustic guitar building a few times a year. His courses are 4 weeks long at 8 hours a day. He even accomodates people from out of town. Pricey though at $4,000.

Dave

Thus why I'd be doing it when I retired, for time and cost. That is if I am successful enough/lucky enough to make it to retirement of course.

Short hijack.

Dave

Wow I actually think that is pretty inexpensive for what you get....$1000/week is pretty decent...Mon-Fri? $25/hr to learn how to make sweet guitars...

Cool now you can buy that Harley and go cross country... [thumbup]

I've road bikes about as long as I've messed with guitars. I currently have an 06 Harley Road King I bought new. Have been on several road trips over the years. Longest to Texas & Colorado.

Thnx everyone for the replys. Been trying to develop the ability to play some lead but keep drifting into blues. Guess I'm destined to be a blues type guy!

You can lead with blues, I do it all the time, most of the time even.

Archived