Gibson Brands Forums

I give up

DAS44

It's a given ear plugs are in order when Miley opens her mouth. On the other hand, Fuzzy Fred can probably come up with a way to keep the noise level to a minimum when she does open her mouth! (mmph, mmph, mmph)

You know I was reflecting on this a few days ago.

Seems to me that every generation is subjected to crappy, pre-packaged generic marketable music to key demographics.

There is no real rise in the amount of crappy music being published other than the ease of using social sites like youtube facebook etc, but by and large they go unnoticed.

I believe that there was just as much bad music back in the 60's and 70's and 80's as there is now, it's just that we never ever hear the bad music from those times because it didn't survive.

Stuff like Hendrix, the Zep, The Who, CCR, etc are all examples of music that was worth a damn and survived to this day.

In ten/twenty years no one will give a crap about any of these pop sensations because they'll all have fallen by the wayside.

You know I was reflecting on this a few days ago.

Seems to me that every generation is subjected to crappy, pre-packaged generic marketable music to key demographics.

There is no real rise in the amount of crappy music being published other than the ease of using social sites like youtube facebook etc, but by and large they go unnoticed.

I believe that there was just as much bad music back in the 60's and 70's and 80's as there is now, it's just that we never ever hear the bad music from those times because it didn't survive.

Stuff like Hendrix, the Zep, The Who, CCR, etc are all examples of music that was worth a damn and survived to this day.

In ten/twenty years no one will give a crap about any of these pop sensations because they'll all have fallen by the wayside.

Hopefully after doing playboy then hooking up with her "trashy" boyfriend. ;) Who happens to love Les Paul's.

Archived