Gibson Brands Forums

My new Epi

chapter24

I've just picked up this gorgeous, very red 2002 Firebird VII

5792961206_925df663c9_z.jpg

Looking forward to giving it a good thrashing at our next rehearsal.

Rather disappointingly, the guy I bought it from didn't have the fly's eyes glasses to go with it.

I'm so envious of you,the Firebird VII is probably the most beautiful guitar ever made and is my must have dream guitar.Congrats and enjoy.BTW if you ever get tired of playing her I know where she could find a new loving home.

Very nice, Chap ... that red really works with the gold IMHO!

I have a burst version of the Firebird VII. They take a bit of getting used to depending on what other guitars you play, but I LOVE the sound those mini's produce ... and you sure won't see twenty of them if you decide to take her to an open jam! I'm also curious if the '02 is a set or a bolt-on neck.

Congrats, again!

Jim

Thanks guys!

It's a set neck- I wouldn't have bothered if it had been a bolt-on!

As far as white ones go, I've definitely seen one. I would've had it, but it was in Dublin and extremely over-priced.

I was a bit wary of the Maestro trem, but so far I'm finding it very usable.

I find the Maestro to be every bit as usable as a Bigsby ... not meant for "dive-bombing" to be sure, but perfect for that "shimmer". A hell of a lot cooler looking too, IMHO!

Jim

I find the Maestro to be every bit as usable as a Bigsby ... not meant for "dive-bombing" to be sure, but perfect for that "shimmer". A hell of a lot cooler looking too, IMHO!

Floyd Roses and the Strat trems just look like a small mechanical mess on a guitar, I think the Maestros and Bigsbys and their ilk, the on top trems if you will, look far classier and can really make a guitar in the looks department. Almost all trems can be tamed with a good setup too, though the routed in trems are a little more finicky and temperamental in their adjusment, give me a Bigsby or Maestro over those any day.

Archived