Gibson Brands Forums

well thats my night ruined...

S t e v e

JD or any other good Rye Whiskey suits me fine for drinking to the Blues, but also a good beer. In my case preferably a nice Pale Ale or Stout or something. Even a decent Scotch would make my night. [thumbup]

When it come's to Whisky I love JD and Crown Royal...I prefer Tequila to them all, but Whiskey would be my second choice.

I'll put in Santana's new CD and a few old one's tonight with some Petrone...To fit the scene and all...

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Woodford Reserve (Real bourbon, not that JD crap)

Jameson's (Nice Blended Irish whiskey)

Blackbush (Nice Blended Irish whiskey)

Morgan's Spiced (Spiced Rum - mass produced crap but I like it)

laphroaig (My favorite Scotch)

Amarula (made from fermented marula fruit, like VERY strong Bailey's - that's the fruit you've heard of elephants getting pissed on)

There's a small group of us who are malt whisky fans as well as blues lovers.

A few weeks ago we all got together, took different malts with us (we ended up with about 10 different ones) and had a tasting session, all to a Muddy Waters soundtrack.

My personal favourite was a 30-y-o Talisker... Oh, boy.

Good times. [thumbup]

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Went to the Albert Hall a while back with a very good friend. He is also a scotch lover so I took into the Kensington Gore, a 5 star hotel just round the corner with a great whiskey bar. We left there at 1am and we'd spent £300 between us. We both had a disc golf tournament the next day, he didn't make the first tee!

Jameson's (Nice Blended Irish whiskey)

This (Jameson is the family name on my mother's side). I also like Jim Beam Black from time to time. If it's vodka I go with Ketel One, straight up on the rocks.

Farnsbarns Wunterslausche: Yes on Laphroaig.

fl00dsm0k3: Yes on not until 21 - or at least in small "tasting" amounts only in circumstances that would not cause legal or physical problems.

I've always treated "drink" much the same as foods in general. My favorite analogy is high-end chocolate where one ounce or so is marvelous; the second is quite good; the third, good enough; after that one may as well eat Hersheys as one becomes ill on the stuff.

m

Went to the Albert Hall a while back with a very good friend. He is also a scotch lover so I took into the Kensington Gore, a 5 star hotel just round the corner with a great whiskey bar. We left there at 1am and we'd spent £300 between us. We both had a disc golf tournament the next day, he didn't make the first tee!

Another frolther!! Got live disc golf! [thumbup]

Sorry about the reggae, man.........

[biggrin]

In our house, that'd be hubby puttin' on his Earth Wind & Fire or Hall & Oates.

ROFL

eh, we don't drink, never have, so I'm clueless about the rest of this conversation............ haaha

Linda

Actually.... the more I think about it...

And it ain't a good LDS evening... <grin> Heck, in ways it ain't politically correct in most of the Anglophone world except among some older folks, I think.

Some pickers/singers who get along, some decent chairs/stools to sit on... a snifter of a decent brandy... a cup of very strong medium roast coffee coffee... somebody tore down the "no smoking" sign... guitars and trading "old standards" songs back and forth and pitching in... Some bad (not dirty) jokes, heavy on puns...

Maybe a wifi link so "we" could remember lyrics from 80 years ago or last month. <grin> Just pickin' and grinnin'.

EDIT: Had some "work" to do, then came back and looked at this. Oddly it's almost identical to the old piano bar concept... small smoky saloon, lots of orange juice and icewater... no "you gotta do this right," but instead a perspective of "Let's relax and have a good time with music." Alas, it's too politically incorrect and I guess in ways I am an anachronism.

m

As a Scotsman I can't even smell whiskey now!!

Had a very bad experience after quarter of a bottle of single malt.. Did have 5 beers and a bottle of red before..

Grape n the grain... BAD idea!!

Wasn't well for about two weeks!

Archived