Gibson Brands Forums

June 11 will be a crazy day

ksdaddy

Daughter's BF will finish the new roof today. Total cash outlay about $2200.

My lady friend is orchestrating a barbecue at my house later today with her kids, my kids, the whole Brady Bunch.

It also would have been Tammie and my 23rd anniversary.

Nothing like a wild range of emotions in one day, huh? Wish me luck.

My lady friend is orchestrating a barbecue at my house later today with her kids, my kids, the whole Brady Bunch.

Make new memories and have a GREAT TIME!

When we were married in 1988 the 11th also a Saturday, which added to the whole thing. I did okay but come 1:00 pm (when we got married) I asked to be alone in the living room for a bit. The same living room we were married in and the same living room she passed away in. I had my time and said what I needed to say... just in case my voice was heard.

I stayed busy all day, mowing, cleaning house, doing laundry, etc. Lynn came over with her daughter (also one of my "daughters" on Facebook). She didn't stay long because she had more pressing teenage stuff going on. Her younger son was being forced to mow a lawn against his will by his grandfather (bet that killed him) and her older son was at his trailer. He's a cross between Eminem and Lurch and is constantly in trouble with the law so it's just as well he stayed away. I have no beef with him but choose to keep him at arms length.

We fired up two charcoal grills and cooked up a mess of chicken, dogs, and burgers. Lynn dopes up her burger with this and that, which is fantastic. My daughters, daughter's BF, Lynn and I had a good feed. My girls have known her for 12 years and although she's not their mother she has been on the scene for so long and has served as in loco parentis so many times it all went well. They chatted non stop, pored over catalogs, etc.

Lynn has been apprehensive about coming to the house, period. She hasn't been here since shortly before Tammie died. It took a lot for her to prepare food in the kitchen and sit on our couch... she confessed it was shaky for her because this house is "her (Tammie's) turf".

The day went well. Not perfect but well.

It did go perfect, but perfect in Gods eyes.

Regardless of what goes on from here into the future, this woman must think the world of you. I can't say in what way, but the fact she put this on on your anniversary says volumes about how much she cares.

[thumbup]

$2200..... WHAT A DEAL!!!! [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

It cost my brother and I $15k six years ago to re-roof my parents house

.....this woman must think the world of you.

I think so too. She just won't admit it. Too many old wounds, so many fears of being burned again. I truly believe she's in for the long haul but it's not going to happen overnight.

The analogy I use is... let's say you're perfectly content in the house you live in. You've lived there a long time and have no intention of moving out. There's a house across the road that (in your eyes) is the most beautiful house you've ever seen. You can't imagine living there; it's a palace. And the owners would never sell it anyway. It just ain't gonna happen for many reasons, and it doesn't impact how much you enjoy your own house. But you see that mansion every day...

Then one day you come home from work and your house has burned flat, which tears your world apart. The house you lived in for so many years is gone forever.

And you look across the road and see a for sale sign on the mansion. Pretty obvious what the next move is.

Actually yesterday my younger brother and I and most of his offspring were at my "Mom's house" for a June 10 event a day late.

It marked 50 years that my "Mom" was my "Mom." Dad remarried after my mother was killed in a car wreck. So my "Mom" is quite special. My little sis and her offspring all are in Texas and didn't make it, nor did my baby bro in Seattle. But... it was a good day.

m

• 3 weeks later...

Archived