Gibson Brands Forums

"Sometimes Annual Never Sweat Jam"

nodehopper

Well, the "Sometimes Annual Never Sweat Jam" SANSJAM for short was really really fun. Fred and his Wife were wonderful hosts, providing a great dinner along with a beautiful back yard and stage. It turned out that the day had perfect weather for sittin under a big ol' shade tree and picking some fine old Gibson guitars along with a Yammie that sounded sweet and a few other makes and models. Gregg had a cool old Hofner acoustic guitar with a double pick guard!

It was a great crowd of players who were very encouraging and supportive of a hack player like me. I was originally a bit intimidated thinking there were "pro" players, but Kurt and Tony were so laid back and encouraging that I almost immediately felt like I was among friends and after a bit of coaxing I got up on a stage for the absolute first time and played and even sang a song. (That is a huge deal for a shy guy like me!) Thanks Gregg too for helping me get up on stage with you!

DanvilleRob is a beast when it comes to playing guitar. Great songs and super singing along with Energizer Bunny stamina. Get him on stage with his guitar and he becomes the star!

Thanks again Fred....I will add some pics after I drink a little more coffee and wake up. Let's all add pics and videos to this thread so everyone can see what a great time was had by all at the Jam.

Oh how I wish I could have gone. I'm pet sitting for this little dog. Sounds like a fabulous time Stephen! [thumbup]

Your name was mentioned many times with everyone saying it was a shame that you couldn't be there! Hopefully next time!

OK ....photographic evidence of SANJAM - the names have not been changed to protect the guilty!

The South Fork of the American River near Fred's

southforkAM_River.jpg

Fred's Yard

yard.jpg

Fred and DanvilleRob shooting the $hit under the shade tree

Fred_Bob.jpg

Me doing the unthinkable .....playing a Martin at the Gibby Jam

node.jpg

Here is the "House Band" laying down some Phat Tunes

houseband.jpg

Here is little old shy me...On freaking Stage!

node_stage.jpg

Un-Freakin'-Believable good time!

Fred and Dotty are the perfect hosts, and their home is beautiful.

I'll be going back for the next one!

All of you who couldn't make this jam need to start planning now for the next one.

I took our motor home and Fred set me up with a camp site that you can't get in a state park!

My fingers didn't hurt last night.....but they do now.

I'll be working on the videos as soon as I can, (wish we'd gotten more..... we must have done 5-6 hours of playing! )

Steve,

Glad you mad it home safely and pleased you enjoyed our little hoot. I do believe that everyone enjoyed it as much as the wife and I.

Next year BIGGER, AND BETTER. Karen, OWF, and everyone else no more excuses. Rob says he will have the vids up soon and you can find more pics

here: http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Must admit I'm blown away by these pictures. You and your wife are extraordinary lucky people. So were all guests at the SANSJAM.

I really like the view to what could be the back garden – with the brown multi-X-braced door and the piles of stones. The trees and bushes there are exotic in very alluring way. And then the hills or mountains in the horizon. Fantastic.

Rob, Thank god you didn't post the vid where I'm singing(?) backup. I sounded as if I would fit right in with the usual chorus of tree frogs we hear every night[scared]

NOW'S THE TIME FOR ALL OF YOU WHO COULDN'T MAKE IT TO START PLANNING FOR NEXT YEAR

It was by no means competition with the Gibby summer jam...... but it sure was one hell of a lot of fun.

OUCH!!! if you ever post anything with my voice again we're just going to have to find a new videographer.

No more single malt at SANSJAM

HEY! These poor people are subjected my my voice! You can claim that all our voices were much better earlier in the day.

Since we started the acoustic set at about 1....and we ended the evening about 10..... even with breaks, I must have been singing/playing for 6-7 hours!

Here's one neither of us has to explain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSCK9Ddh5Yw&feature=related

Thanks for the kind words....everyone! Unfortunate that no one but Rob got to see the front yard

DPP_0034

Must admit I'm blown away by these pictures. You and your wife are extraordinary lucky people. So were all guests at the SANSJAM.

I really like the view to what could be the back garden – with the brown multi-X-braced door and the piles of stones. The trees and bushes there are exotic in very alluring way. And then the hills or mountains in the horizon. Fantastic.

This is certainly my favorite ELP tune. It doesn't hurt that Greg Lake plays it on the Gibson Jumbo of his.

We did a much better version under Fred's shade tree....when we were all.....um.....lessee.... fresh! Yeah, "Fresh" is a good word......

And of course, the rhythm is played on the Gibson Dove.

Archived