Gibson Brands Forums

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this today...

rct

That's too bad.

I've always wondered what they do with the leg after they amputate it. It would be a shame to just throw it away. I'd want to get it freeze-dried or something so I could put it on display. Or make a lamp out of it or something.

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Freeze dried? Are you gonna make coffee out of it?

He could have it made into a prosthetic leg.

Some people have their dead pets freeze-dried. I figured you could do the same with a leg.

That would be cool to make a prosthetic leg out of your freeze-dried leg but I'm pretty sure freeze-dried flesh is more fragile than the harmonics on a Dumble.

Some people have their dead pets freeze-dried. I figured you could do the same with a leg.

That would be cool to make a prosthetic leg out of your freeze-dried leg but I'm pretty sure freeze-dried flesh is more fragile than the harmonics on a Dumble.

DUMBLE TOANZZZZZZZZZZ

Seriously, that sucks though

DUMBLE TOANZZZZZZZZZZ

Seriously, that sucks though

Whats up with all the jokes? Dude lost his leg, you want people to joke around when you lose your leg?

****ing humanity is dead here....

I am glad that SOMEONE here is going out on a limb for the guy.............[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ...

I hope he recovers soon. Septic infection is no joking matter, I lost my adopted son to diabetic complications. He suffered through several septic infections and amputations, fingers and toes, finally succumbed to a stroke..

He was 40 years old. Nobody knew he was diabetic till he was 25, then one day he just passed out at work. We then learned he had Type 1...probably had it all his life and never knew it till then.

Get well soon Leslie, prayers to you...

As some members here may remember, I lost my right leg just below the knee many years ago, Mine was not lost due to disease but rather through severe trauma. The hospital gave me several choices as to what I wanted done with my leg including legal disposal by the hospital, cremation, or what I chose to do in my case was to donate the limb to a medical research hospital so they could study the unsuccessful bone graphs and other surgical procedures in an attempt to help them determine what had gone wrong with the surgical procedures. I donated it hoping that they could learn more and hopefully help others in similar difficult situations.

The donation of my leg required multiple legal documents and a attorney as they are kind of picky about the disposal of human limbs.

Oh and my artificial leg is made out of Carbon Fiber, Stainless Steel and Titanium so not much need for the freeze dried limb in the design.

I wish him the best of luck - it's not easy to learn to walk again it's both challenging and painful

Whats up with all the jokes? Dude lost his leg, you want people to joke around when you lose your leg?

****ing humanity is dead here....

Well, Leslie West only has one of thee best fretting hand slow vibrato ever. He's only made more thrown out mis-takes of some of the best GIBSON tone EVER, more than all of the people at this particular GIBSON forum will ever make. Combined.

I guess I failed to realize that a group of "guitar players" at a GIBSON forum would be all broken up over some ****** that stuck army men up his a$$ driving his car over a guardrail and getting incinerated, doing us ALL a favor by getting off of our televsion sets, but would ignore the usual consequences of aging that all of us face as they set in on the maker of some of, again, the greatest GIBSON sounds ever recorded.

My bad.

Carry on Rock And Roll Bruthas.

rct

I should apologize, my joke was in poor taste.

@rct, I think calling a dead man ****** 2 days after he died is a bit strong, I know what you're getting at but still.

I don't think there is any need for you or anyone else to apologize. A joke is a joke, you are certainly entitled to make as many as you would like about whatever you would like.

Just as I can call anyone I want, dead or alive, a ******. I'da called that guy a ****** if he was sitting right here, and his untimely death hasn't changed that a bit.

I would think though, in a guitar forum, something effecting a pretty high profile guitar player would have garnered at least a little more attention, and my post is entirely in response to that idea.

It isn't anything personal aimed at anyone in particular, it wasn't intended to hurt anyones internet feelings, or to start a pissing contest over who has the greater troubles, Leslie West or all the jokers crying by the roadside now out there in Delaware county.

rct

I don't think there is any need for you or anyone else to apologize. A joke is a joke, you are certainly entitled to make as many as you would like about whatever you would like.

Just as I can call anyone I want, dead or alive, a ******. I'da called that guy a ****** if he was sitting right here, and his untimely death hasn't changed that a bit.

I would think though, in a guitar forum, something effecting a pretty high profile guitar player would have garnered at least a little more attention, and my post is entirely in response to that idea.

It isn't anything personal aimed at anyone in particular, it wasn't intended to hurt anyones internet feelings, or to start a pissing contest over who has the greater troubles, Leslie West or all the jokers crying by the roadside now out there in Delaware county.

rct

Fair enough old chap. A good point well made.

I should also point out that while I'm a pretty crusty guitar guy with a tendency to get all balled up in the history being presented accurately, I do feel for Leslie West and what he is going through. He is only 15 years older than me, and I'm headed in that direction hopefully, that is, getting older. It's hard enough to do this guitar stuff at my age, so gettin yer leg whacked off at the knee can't make it any easier. I hope it goes as well as it can for him, and I seriously hope he has enough retirement vested to be able to be comfortable and get his med bills paid for a long time.

I also feel bad for Ryan Dunns' family and all of those peoples out there in that area that grew up with him. It's tough to lose a young person like that, in any way, drunk driving or not. And just because he made a living sticking army men up his a$$ in front of cameras, and I might find that rather ******-y, it doesn't make him any less a good dad or brother or friend than anyone else. It is sad that these things happen, the loss is the same for everyone around him as it would be if he was a stockbroker or an arena filling guitar player.

To be fair, when I do something incredibly stupid like push the lawn mower over the fig tree I've been trying to get to move along now for like three years, rendering it mulch, I too am a ******, and I'm the first to say it.

And when I'm dead and they've sold all my great guitars and given the money away, you too can call me a ******, I won't mind!

I shoulda thought before I pushed the Add Reply button, just like the old newsgroup days. I apologize for not.

rct

Archived