Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

daveinspain

Oh yeah sorry.... I bought a Fender Mahogany Strat in crimson red with a black headstock. It's got locking tuners and a metal nut with rollers. I saw this guitar a couple years ago and loved the look and features but after playing it it just didn't talk to me. So now on this trip I go into Guitar Center Boston yesterday and see my guy Rusty who is now a sales manager. I mention to Rusty how much I liked that Strat I was looking at a couple years ago and he tells me he has two left and they are on clearance... [thumbup] I played both of them... One felt, looked and played great! The other didn't do anything for me. Rusty gave me another $200 off the 4th of July sale price so I brought it home. Might not be the best Strat model out there but I love it. it's beautiful and feels great. Does it have amazing Strat tone? Not sure but it's my first Strat and I'll have fun finding out when I get it home in my studio...

I'll try to get a few pics up soon...

Dang it, my little sister's been lost in Spain for weeks...............I thought she finally found her....

She's gold plated...............just sayin'....

Congrats on the new Strat-careful Strats are very addictive and one will never do-I'm up to 5 now.It's very rare to find 2 Strats that sound alike hence most people never stop at one as each has its own little tonal nuances.I'm sure you'll enjoy the quack and sparkle that comes from a Strat and that "out of Phase" position 2 and 4 on the pup switch really grows on you and soon you won't get enough of songs like Angel and Little Wing.

Archived