Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage Epi LP 100-only $4,000 on CL!

musicmaker99

You laugh, but I believe this to be the rare white 1957 Les Paul 100 prototype. Production delays caused it to take about 40 years to make it to production.

Seth Lover hand-wound the humbuckers with knitting needles. A process that took 3 months. Les Paul himself bolted on the neck using a screwdriver with a walrus ivory handle that now sits in a display case in the Irridium in NYC.

Paul Bigsby took the arm home with him to hand reshape it to Les' specifications, but with the delays in the project, Les never asked for it back. In 1959, Paul Bigsby gave it to Maria Elena Holly as a gift after the untimely passing of her husband, so it is unfortunately very unlikely it will ever be reunited with this rare gem. If that were to happen, this would bring $20,000 easy.

You laugh, but I believe this to be the rare white 1957 Les Paul 100 prototype. Production delays caused it to take about 40 years to make it to production.

Seth Lover hand-wound the humbuckers with knitting needles. A process that took 3 months. Les Paul himself bolted on the neck using a screwdriver with a walrus ivory handle that now sits in a display case in the Irridium in NYC.

Paul Bigsby took the arm home with him to hand reshape it to Les' specifications, but with the delays in the project, Les never asked for it back. In 1959, Paul Bigsby gave it to Maria Elena Holly as a gift after the untimely passing of her husband, so it is unfortunately very unlikely it will ever be reunited with this rare gem. If that were to happen, this would bring $20,000 easy.

A+ for your creative writing. [thumbup]

Les Paul himself bolted on the neck using a screwdriver with a walrus ivory handle that now sits in a display case in the Irridium in NYC.

Excellent research work! That explains the missing knobs.....

They probably belonged to Mary Ford.

I have heard that Les never saw them again after the divorce.

Willy

BROOKLYN BRIDGE FOR SALE....

Buy today and I will include a land grant to Brooklyn!!!

Bridge-freak buddy says it is very rare! He told me there were only a few made and

most have already been sold!

brooklyn_bridge.jpg

Willy

I'll see you the Brooklyn Bridge

378642304_fJWHH-L.jpg

and raise you the Manhattan Bridge

377475271_nB5qZ-L.jpg

Is it a deal?

Archived