Gibson Brands Forums

Charval guitar

LarryUK

charval.jpg

I played one of these today. What a great guitar. The neck was sublime and in a natural wood finish. So it was nice and smooth.

Original Floyd Rose and Dimarzio pups and comes with a SBK case.

They're only £609 at Guitar Guitar. Bargain. Best neck I've played yet.

It was the neck that got me. Wide board, but thin. Nice. I really like the plain wood finish on the neck too.

I've never liked the glossy finish on a Fender maple neck.

I may be shopping tomorrow!

It was the neck that got me. Wide board, but thin. Nice. I really like the plain wood finish on the neck too.

I've never liked the glossy finish on a Fender maple neck.

I may be shopping tomorrow!

what branch did you visit mate?

I have 3 Charvels. Except for a year or 2 in the late 80's ( the lipstick logo Charvels and "Charvettes" wern't all that great) They have some of the best playing and stable necks than any guitars I have owned. If you like that one and want to save a few bucks pick up an 85-87 Era "Model" version. The Model 1 or model 2's or 3's are awesome . You can still get them on ebay occasionally for 200 - 300 bucks and they are starting to go up in value.

My Charvels. Never guess what color I like... the 2 on the left are Japanese Model 2 and Model 3A the one on the right is a US San Dimas.

6882d574.jpg

I am pretty sure Dwayne will vouch for the Charvel quality as well....

Andy

That Charvel is a beast. I regret ever getting rid of mine - losing it made me resolve to never part with another guitar again. Go for it.

Don't know if you were around but you should look for my "One Guitar that binds us" thread.... I had one that I will forever miss.... [crying]

Archived