Gibson Brands Forums

i love my wildkat

gerryphillips

I don't see my posts on Epiphone Wildkats ... lots on Eppy Les Pauls ... but I thought I'd start a thread.

I love my wildkat ... it's an amazing guitar for the price ... bought it after being out of the game for a lot of years, wanting to learn some blues.

I really checked out a lot of guitars, and when I came across this one I fell in love.

Now, having said that, I love all my guitars ... my Wildkat, my Ovation Electric Legend, my Amercian Special Strat, and my newest purchase, a 60's tribute Les Paul.

Each has it's place in guitar playing, and I love them all.

Congrats on the Kat Gerry, a wonderful guitar for sure, glad that you enjoy it so much, belated HNGD.

They're pretty popular with some of the guys, just do a search, there's been several mentions in the last few weeks.

And you really should post some pics for the rest of us to drool over, info on posting pics is in the DIY thread pinned to the top of the Epi Lounge.

DIY Thread

Yes, I have one, not real happy with the Epi P90s, so replacements are in the future

Have you tried adjusting the pickup height with shims/spacers, you can use icy-pole sticks for preliminary testing.

A very, very, very versatile guitar. With those Vol/Vol/Master Volume/Tone control options, you can tweak and blend between the pups to get a myriad of tones.

The Wildkat can do anything from punk, to indie, to rockabilly, to hard rock, to blues. The cleans are amazing, especially with a bit of slap back echo and/or chorus thrown in....you get the jangle/sparkle but without the quack of a tele or strat. Alternatively, throw in some dirt and those P90s will growl and roar in the style of Green Day or The Who: Live at Leeds. On higher gain settings you can blend just a touch of neck pup volume with a fully cranked bridge pup to get a 'humbuckerish' tone for a hard rock sound.

Need I say any more.......

Here's mine:

DSC01801.jpg

DSC01800.jpg

Have you tried adjusting the pickup height with shims/spacers, you can use icy-pole sticks for preliminary testing.

The strings are practacally laying on the pups now-

I just need them to be a bit brighter. I have a 'presence' setting on my ME50, if I kick that in, they sound more like what I'm looking for.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived