Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone Here An Elvis Fan?

Tman5293

I love Elvis. I grew up on him. I always got really good babysitters because we had a record player at our house and my babysitters would always want to come over and play their Elvis records! First record I ever bought was Girls! Girls! Girls!, followed by A Date With Elvis, and then a whole lot more. He was the best. I wish he was still with us.

People go on about MJ but Elvis was on another level.

When you look at his photo's of the time, His skin was perfect (no Phototshop then).

He was a true living legend. The king is dead. Long live the King!

My Dad was a big fan and he passed that on to us kids. The family would always go to the drive in to catch the latest Elvis movie and then we watched that Aloha from Hawaii TV concert. Man when he walked out in that one piece jumpsuit with the rhinestones and cape. I thought he was a superhero!msp_thumbup.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHisZ8ZtWr0&feature=player_detailpage

Never was an Elvis fan as a kid.

As an adult I also ended up figuring he was a perfect example of a talent who was exploited by the biz as a person and "business asset" and forced into an introverted and rather secluded life that obviously wasn't very healthy.

I did agree with him on one point: Roy Orbison was "it" as a singer.

m

not a real big fan of him but a lot of people at my church like him

Gospel.

Elvis was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in '86, the Country Music Hall of Fame in '98, the Gospel Music Hall of Fame in '01, and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame in '07.

Apparently Elvis appealed to a lot of people . . . . . and women. B)

My Dad was a big fan and he passed that on to us kids. The family would always go to the drive in to catch the latest Elvis movie and then we watched that Aloha from Hawaii TV concert. Man when he walked out in that one piece jumpsuit with the rhinestones and cape. I thought he was a superhero!msp_thumbup.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHisZ8ZtWr0&feature=player_detailpage

I think you should check out this performance of that song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-NDXtDUcGQ

Gospel.

Elvis was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in '86, the Country Music Hall of Fame in '98, the Gospel Music Hall of Fame in '01, and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame in '07.

Apparently Elvis appealed to a lot of people . . . . . and women. B)

was he even country

fl00dsm0k3...

There were some interesting "lines" as to what was country, pop, rock, etc., especially in the 1950s. As far as I'm concerned a lotta country in that era was electrified string band jazz. A certain southern twang to it made it "rockabilly."

In ways I sometimes think "rock" and "country" are just two sides of the same coin, it's just that usually it's easier to understand the lyric in whatever it is that's being called "country" at a given point in time.

At least, that's the observation from a picker who played in a rock band regionally advertized in its day as "the band you've gotta see to believe" and then switched to small town saloon 50s-60s "country." Then "country rock" in another saloon outfit.

m

A singer, Elvis fan, came to our group and we accompanied to him in Elvis songs, though that concert was devoted the Beatles and he sang so-so, but public was happy to hear all it, the Beatles & Elvis, in one concert [woot] , this is Memphis, Tennessee:

After that I decided to try to sing Elvis and here is my first experience , but public was happy again :rolleyes: . We tried to diversify Elvis songs a little and to add a guitar solo that are not always present in original Elvis rock -n- rolls (and sorry, in the beginning I forgot the first lines, the drummer near with me hit so well and strong):

and the concert organizer said: "Thanks for the new rock-n-roll!" [lol] (this is about Elvis [lol] ) .

Tman5293, I listened to your tracks and I like your guitar and vocal [thumbup] .

Generally speaking, one could make a good concert program consisting of songs the Beatles & Elvis, for example, and with their some modernization. And as display our experience, public can be with delighted surprise from such unexpected songs combination.

I wanted to say that Elvis so good that our Russian accent is not a hindrance in his songs. Sorry for my English, I probably confused the meaning of "emphasis” and “accent” ](*,) In Russian these words may be designated as one word, although the meaning may be different.

Yeah, I also long time did not approach to Elvis because of other groups, in particular because of the Beatles, but now I know that Elvis – this is the whole world as well as the Beatles. And if to unite these two worlds - it will be cool [smile] !

Archived