Gibson Brands Forums

Master Museum Sketches by Ren Ferguson

JuanCarlosVejar

i really don't like the last one so I think it wil be changed into a pair of seahorses .

he is gonna do the sketch for the fretboard later . which will be a mermaid probably

Very cool -- but I would be really tempted to shoot for a classic mermaid bowsprit-inspired heel carving, given the general theme.

-- Bob R

Very cool -- but I would be really tempted to shoot for a classic mermaid bowsprit-inspired heel carving, given the general theme.

-- Bob R

yeah , you are right I'll discuss it with My friend and see what she says :) . thanks for your opinions they are very valuable

Pretty cool, but not my cup of tea. Pickguards don't get any better than a SJ-200 or a HummingBird.

Impressed by the vision and spirit to do something else.

Personally I also still prefer Hartford Snyder and especially the original J-200 florist. . .

(wish we had his name too)

Pretty cool, but not my cup of tea. Pickguards don't get any better than a SJ-200 or a HummingBird. You just can't improve on perfection!!!

I understand but I'm not trying to compete with the classic looks of the J 200's

I'm doing this guitar as a childhood memory kinda tribute .

I used to spend hours reading Greek Mythology as a child trying to escape the reality of an unhappy childhood.

So this is a tribute to that , a thank you if you will to imagination and hope for better things .

I used to spend hours reading Greek Mythology as a child trying to escape the reality of an unhappy childhood.

So this is a tribute to that , a thank you if you will to imagination and hope for better things .

As a guy who is sometimes overly-fond of bling when it comes to guitars, I say "indulge yourself". Every time I look at my blinged-out old J-45, it brings back good times with that guitar decades ago. We can create good new memories to drive away bad old ones. The mind can't hold all of them at the same time, and I prefer to keep the good ones.

Most people see guitars as musical instruments. Some of us who are older see them as time machines.

As a guy who is sometimes overly-fond of bling when it comes to guitars, I say "indulge yourself". Every time I look at my blinged-out old J-45, it brings back good times with that guitar decades ago. We can create good new memories to drive away bad old ones. The mind can't hold all of them at the same time, and I prefer to keep the good ones.

Most people see guitars as musical instruments. Some of us who are older see them as time machines.

I agree nick :)

And yes Im making new memories now , and leaving the bad ones behind

I like to think of them as time machines too

Time machine yes – I can rerun a song I played since my early years and feel the layers of time within my soul. Do that quite often, but in reality the guitar works as a time-waiver for me. It goes beyond conventional meaning of calendar and sends me and f.x. a co-player into zones where age, hourglasses, passed time and tomorrows change content. Suddenly I'm 17 singing Neil Young again (that Heart of Gold 'and I'm getting old' line is an interesting measure stick) – only soon to move through tunnels of eternal bliss during yet another roll of I Shall Be Released.

And after a number of somewhat 20 tunes, nothing – least of all me – longer exists in the ordinary sense of the word. There's only the waves of music, , , and maybe types like Poseidon and Calypso ~

Archived