Gibson Brands Forums

NGD,pics and background

bluzhammer

Well, about a month ago I teased you guys with the promises of pictures of my green Flood Tribute Studio. The pictures never got taken as it arrived the day before vacation and upon return my work schedule had me on 26 of the last 28 days. The one thing I discovered in that time was this.... 50's rounded profile necks are really getting uncomfortable as I progress in age. So, being the unashamed Capitalist that I am it was sold for a modest profit. Still suffering from a severe case of GAS, I found this and am quite pleased.

NewCamerapics023.jpg

NewCamerapics019.jpg

NewCamerapics022.jpg

NewCamerapics025-1.jpg

Yep, it's the Nighthawk 2010, it's really a do it all sort of axe. It has those creamy humbucker tones on the neck, good drive on the bridge, and with the 5 way switch it will dial in some heavy Strat like tones.

That Nighthawk is SEXY!...Love the look of that bridge..How do you like it compared to a TOM? That's also one hell of a quilted maple top....Also how do you like that blade pup? Can Gibson make a Great SC? (besides p90's :rolleyes: )

That Nighthawk is SEXY!...Love the look of that bridge..How do you like it compared to a TOM? That's also one hell of a quilted maple top....Also how do you like that blade pup? Can Gibson make a Great SC? (besides p90's :rolleyes: )

Not sure what a TOM is.msp_confused.gif But, the blade pickup is great, its a ceramic pickup, it has plenty of bite. The top looks good in person, the color is called a St. Louis BBQmsp_biggrin.gif

That guitar has a really drool-worthy top. I suppose "St. Louis BBQ" really is an appropriate name for it. [laugh]

Not sure what a TOM is.msp_confused.gif But, the blade pickup is great, its a ceramic pickup, it has plenty of bite. The top looks good in person, the color is called a St. Louis BBQmsp_biggrin.gif

The TOM refers to the Tune-O-Matic Bridge, the bridge that comes on most standard Gibsons. It looks like the Nighthawk has a different bridge style.

Anyway, happy NGD! [thumbup]

That guitar has a really drool-worthy top. I suppose "St. Louis BBQ" really is an appropriate name for it. [laugh]

Nice reference to one of my favorite eating experiences. Of course I'm a little biased, and I usually have it almost every weekend in the Spring & Summer.

Great looking guitar.

Believe that I brain farted on the TOM reference. Actually I like the bridge, it has great access for intonating and string height adjustment is fairly simple across the bridge.

Archived