Gibson Brands Forums

fave "wank-caster" solos...

S t e v e

Guest farnsbarns

Hey, I'm game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaiyLmPfXvg

FUNKING Rock and Roll, D00d.

Erm, Blimey, I'm currently working for a band called Big Country, they were big in the 80s and early 90s and have recently reformed. They play heavy rock with a Scottish folk influence. That sounds so much like them it's crazy.

Look out for BC, they are back in a big way!

Ummmm......wank-casters are Superstrats. Hendrix and Blackmore played regular Strats.

Hmmm Ok then.... I would have to say.

Pretty much Everything from:

Van Halen 1, Van Halen2, Women and Children First, Diver Down, Mean Streets, and 1984

Also,

Pretty much every Iron Maiden Album

the first 4 Metallica Albums

Just to name a few....

Andy

Look out for BC, they are back in a big way!

Wow! I was a big BC fan back in the day.Great to hear they're still going strong after Stuart's sad passing. I remember he always used to deny the 'guitars-as-bagpipes' thing but for many of us it was unmistakable.

Re Jimi's Machine Gun: I think that Machine Gun and of course the Woodstock Star Spangled Banner are the most creative and innovative uses of a vibrato ever performed.Jimi's masterful control of feedback combined with his finesse on the wah and vibrato is beyond comparison,The only person that comes close to Jimi for vibrato control is Jeff Beck,his vibrato control on Sleepwalk is astounding with his steel guitar effect that he coaxes from the guitar.

Guest farnsbarns

You're playing for Big Country?

No, I wish, I'm developing their website and will be advising on on-line presence.

Wow! I was a big BC fan back in the day.Great to hear they're still going strong after Stuart's sad passing. I remember he always used to deny the 'guitars-as-bagpipes' thing but for many of us it was unmistakable.

It was sad indeed. Mike Peters of the alarm is now singing. I went to a show at the shepherds bush academy and they are seriously good again. New tours and they played almost every major UK festival this year other than Glastonbury.

I'll let you know when the new web site is live, join up!

Archived