Gibson Brands Forums

NGD...NOS Ace Frehley Les Paul in Transblack

bigdog75043

Found a lead on a music store in Maryland that had some NOS Ace Frehley guitars. After calling and talking to sales guy I found out they had one in Transblack which would look good next to my heritage cherry sunburst. After getting permission from the missus I put her on layaway and now, three months later she has come home to papa!

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

great score ! nice collection too.......

now you just need a Paul Stanley "Preacher" and "Cracked Mirror" ....

Not a big fan of the preacher, but I do have a cracked mirror! This pic was taken before the new baby arrived. I am trying to figure out how I am going to make room for all of them. Currently I have taken the V out of the lineup until I can figure it out

CIMG3607.jpg

Is that "cracked" one a Minarik?

I've always liked the "Ace" LP ... it is looking GOOD in that trans-black! Congrats!

Jim

That is actually a Paul Stanley Silvertone Apocalypse. he played silvertones for a short period before switching to the Washburns.

Congrats on the new AFLP [thumbup] I love your collection, the Axe bass looks great! I've been wanting one of these for a while, but I think I'll end up with one of the new Punishers, just because I'll play it more.

I'm also really liking the V with the mirror pick guard, Does that have a reversed headstock? I don't think I've seen one like that, very cool!

Congrats on the new AFLP [thumbup] I love your collection, the Axe bass looks great! I've been wanting one of these for a while, but I think I'll end up with one of the new Punishers, just because I'll play it more.

I'm also really liking the V with the mirror pick guard, Does that have a reversed headstock? I don't think I've seen one like that, very cool!

Thanks,

The V does have the reverse headstock. I don't play it though. It was cheap and sounds awful. Got it off bestbuy.com for $150. They don't carry it anymore but apparently they now carry the V in a rhinsetone top if you have $9500 lying around.

Bryan

Found a lead on a music store in Maryland that had some NOS Ace Frehley guitars. After calling and talking to sales guy I found out they had one in Transblack which would look good next to my heritage cherry sunburst. After getting permission from the missus I put her on layaway and now, three months later she has come home to papa!

003.jpg

THAT finish I call "TIGERSTRIPE"! Love it!

"Beautiful guitar, it is... the force is with you". (Think YODA).

I recently watched a few vids on HOW a dude did a Red and Black "TigerStripe" on an LP,

from bare wood.

Mind-blowing... Gets those d@mn mod/GAS thoughts going. [thumbup]

Welcome to our Forum - the little "slice of heaven" in the midst of many

Yes-Men forums. The TRUTH shall be spoken here - and any questions you may have,

we have a Do-it-Yourself thread, research threads, Gear reviews, and the collective

knowledge of thousands of members!

Ask away, should YE have any questions. We'll so our best. [thumbup]

Thanks,

The V does have the reverse headstock. I don't play it though. It was cheap and sounds awful. Got it off bestbuy.com for $150. They don't carry it anymore but apparently they now carry the V in a rhinsetone top if you have $9500 lying around.

Bryan

The rhinestone sound cool, but that's alot more than I'd ever pay [thumbdn] You have a awesome looking KISS collection going, I'd love to see more. Sorry if this is of topic, but what are those figures in the corner next to the Mego Paul Stanley?

The rhinestone sound cool, but that's alot more than I'd ever pay [thumbdn] You have a awesome looking KISS collection going, I'd love to see more. Sorry if this is of topic, but what are those figures in the corner next to the Mego Paul Stanley?

I agree, $9500 is more than I would ever pay too. As to the figures in the corner that is the McFarlane Love Gun Box set. When set up it looks like the Love Gun album cover

Here'a a few extra photos. Between the KISS room and my arcade and hockey memorabilia in the living room I have the coolest wife on the planet to let me keep all this stuff in the house and not the garage.

001.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

Chuck Levin's washington music center located in Wheaton Maryland. 301-946-8808, ask for Paul Schien. He sold me mine and knows inventory better than first sales guy I talked too. When I ordered I know they had one more in heritage cherry, but don't know if he had any more in black. If you want black and he is sold out I found this listing at musicgoround.com

http://www.musicgoround.com/detail.aspx?id=1117413

.............I have the coolest wife on the planet to let me keep all this stuff in the house and not the garage.

004-1.jpg

........looks like you have to sleep alone, though. [biggrin]

Seriously, that's a very nice Ace LP. Congrats!

Now I think you need to add a black Ibanez Iceman to your collection.

However, of Paul Stanley's guits over the years, I've always liked his leopard print BC Rich Eagle.

Alan

LOL

How do you like their superstrat phase from mid-80s to early '90s?

I used to drool over Bruce Kulick's Charvels on the Animalize concert vid. He and Paul had some very nice ESPs a little later on.

I agree, $9500 is more than I would ever pay too. As to the figures in the corner that is the McFarlane Love Gun Box set. When set up it looks like the Love Gun album cover

Thanks, I love seeing what others collect. I must have missed the Love Gun Box set [cursing] I do have alot of the other McFarlane figures as well as the Art Asylum Destroyer figures, but nothing like your collection (you have a lot of great pieces there [thumbup]) . Although I do have a huge Star Wars collection that takes up the extra room and a 10 X 20 storage unit.

You definitely need a Iceman. I bought IC400 Iceman same year I bought my AFLP and later I customize it to look like a PS10 but I didn't pay a fortune for it [wink] It's close enough for me, now I just need a Punisher.

th_008.jpg th_009.jpg th_010.jpg

Archived