Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Made in USA for $80

Kimbabig

Guest farnsbarns

Very nice, how does it sound?

Just be careful of that phrase "CRAFTED in the USA". Not sure it means the same as "MADE in the USA"

Not bad at all for $80 smackers. I had a Peavey Tracer back when I was 12 or 13. It had a Floyd Rose, 2 single coils, and a humbucker. It was a pretty affordable, well made, US guitar. I dug it.

I have one....Same as the pic, but with a H.S.S.

It now has ceramic P.U.s...It's the only guitar I use for metal......

Nice guitar................U.S.A. made................

if you don't use that tremolo, block it, make sure the neck is right w/the body & truss adjustment, load it w/some 9-42s & it should play like butter !! If the p'ups are too "shrill" don't be afraid to drop them......

good score there !

Nice guitar Kim; congratulations...

Bender, how do you go about blocking a trem off?

Cheers

Matt

Nice guitar Kim; congratulations...

Bender, how do you go about blocking a trem off?

Cheers

Matt

Don't you have an i-phone ????? There's an app for that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [flapper] ...

if you don't use that tremolo, block it, make sure the neck is right w/the body & truss adjustment, load it w/some 9-42s & it should play like butter !! If the p'ups are too "shrill" don't be afraid to drop them......

good score there !

9-42s? I'm raising action as high as it'll go on a strat and maybe putting on 12's.

the Tremel-no is a nice unit......have one on my Amer. Dlx. Strat.......but if you don't want to spend anything more on it, pull the back cover, make sure you're in tune, then wedge a "block" of wood between the body & sustain block until the bottom of the trem-plate (on the guitar front) rests firmly against the body(this gives maximum tone and sustain)........a quick set-up & you're done!

i'll pull the cover off the Strat I just built & snap a few pics to load up IF you're still interested.....

Archived