Gibson Brands Forums

Man I just got told off on YouTube

duane v

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

be careful if you plus this post guys, Duane can see who plusses what. [lol]

her feelings are still hurt from my Jonas Bros comment from months gone past [laugh].... I thought I wasn't being stalked anymore for that one [confused] .... guess not [biggrin]

her feelings are still hurt from my Jonas Bros comment from months gone past [laugh].... I thought I wasn't being stalked anymore for that one [confused] .... guess not [biggrin]

Oh I'm over that. I just think the guy on you tube is a good judge of character. [lol]

If you can do some good dealing with it, then fine.

There are plenty of asses and hateful people on the web. You know this.

You are OUR babysitter, not theirs. That is the main reason not to put to much time into it. Your JOB is to keep our asses in line so WE don't have to deal with this stuff YOU are having to deal with there.

SUCK IT UP CUPCAKE.

If you can do some good dealing with it, then fine.

There are plenty of asses and hateful people on the web. You know this.

You are OUR babysitter, not theirs. That is the main reason not to put to much time into it. Your JOB is to keep our asses in line so WE don't have to deal with this stuff YOU are having to deal with there.

SUCK IT UP CUPCAKE.

You can say that again..... [confused]

But my youtube account is somewhat personal to me, and I certainly don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings.... I use it to throw whatever stuff out there, and if someone wants to listen or not I'm good...

BTW this mod gig is not a job..... I have some cool buttons at my disposal in making my voluntary service quite manageable and pain free [thumbup]

how can i aquire these said buttons? [biggrin]

[confused] ... One day I was modding the Epi Forum, then I get a PM asking if I could help out on the Gibby Gorum and I said sure why not... Next thing I know I have extra buttons [biggrin]

Well Duane, ultimately your response is solely up to you. Some would report the guy. Other's would ignore him while others might try to appease him by uploading another video (as you said you were thinking of doing). The choice is indeed yours. You don't owe him anything. But knowing you from the forum here I'm sure you'll do what you think is best. Good luck with that.

You can say that again..... [confused]

But my youtube account is somewhat personal to me, and I certainly don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings.... I use it to throw whatever stuff out there, and if someone wants to listen or not I'm good...

BTW this mod gig is not a job..... I have some cool buttons at my disposal in making my voluntary service quite manageable and pain free [thumbup]

You have to admit..there is comedic value here. "Moderater, moderate thyself". It is kinda like the *** whoppin shoe is on the other foot (not to imply you are in the wrong, just ironic).

Wether paid or volunteer, a responsibility IS a job. And a job taken on is worth doing right. It may be easy MOST of the time, (because we are such a GREAT group of guys) but a lot of it is because you have jumped in and put forth the effort when required (like with FUZZMAN'S stalker). And even great guys need a spanking every now and again.

Speaking of great guys, ANDY has some great advise to FUZZBALL worth another read from that incident.

Ya it can be comical around here [thumbup]

Us mods try to do the best we can, considering the somewaht corporate landscape.

Searcy.... I really don't look at it as a thankless job.... I know there have been numerous times one of the Mods have helped a member get through a rough spot... And what's that song???? I never promised you a rose garden [biggrin]

LMFAO!!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Actually I read somewhere that Jeff Beck laid down that solo

ok serious reply now.

how can he (the youtube guy) expect you to show him how it's played "exactly" when all playing is from the heart and will never sound the same as another player? him being a guitarist should/would know this.

ok serious reply now.

how can he (the youtube guy) expect you to show him how it's played "exactly" when all playing is from the heart and will never sound the same as another player? him being a guitarist should/would know this.

He's probably somewhat new to the instrument and is having a hard time with solo.... And really it's not that easy of a solo to comp..... I ruined my older brothers record learning it [biggrin]

He's probably somewhat new to the instrument and is having a hard time with solo.... And really it's not that easy of a solo to comp..... I ruined my older brothers record learning it [biggrin]

judging by the words he used i'd say he was an older gentleman...so should know better than to insult someone like that over a youtube video [rolleyes]

Which is exactly the reason not to give in to his " I deserve something for nothing" attitude. I know you, myself and a lot of other members here had to spend hours/days/weeks/months/years wearing out tapes, records, cd,s.... Victrolas! [scared] Trying to learn how to play something through sheer desire, passion and tenacity and that is what made us the players we are today.

I remember how cool I thought that tablature was when I found my first Guitar for the Practicing Musician Magazine in the early 80's.

Look at what people have these days to learn. Guitar software emulation, Tablature everywhere that even plays the song for you that you can speed up and slow down. Free software that slows down music in pitch. Tons of free information, tutorials, lessons available anytime you want, backing tracks, isolated tracks, video tutorials, live concert footage etc... It is unbelievable!

If this person can't or won't learn given all of these available resources then they are not worth bothering with. If you want to help them tell them to go buy the album and a record player like you did, have him record a video of himself spending at least an hour or 2 a day working on it for a week and have him post the videos to prove it. If he does and is still having problems then offer to help him out....! Anything else is a disservice to him and every musician that has put the time in to learn.

My $1.50

Andy

Which is exactly the reason not to give in to his " I deserve something for nothing" attitude. I know you, myself and a lot of other members here had to spend hours/days/weeks/months/years wearing out tapes, records, cd,s.... Victrolas! [scared] Trying to learn how to play something through sheer desire, passion and tenacity and that is what made us the players we are today.

I remember how cool I thought that tablature was when I found my first Guitar for the Practicing Musician Magazine in the early 80's.

Look at what people have these days to learn. Guitar software emulation, Tablature everywhere that even plays the song for you that you can speed up and slow down. Free software that slows down music in pitch. Tons of free information, tutorials, lessons available anytime you want, backing tracks, isolated tracks, video tutorials, live concert footage etc... It is unbelievable!

If this person can't or won't learn given all of these available resources then they are not worth bothering with. If you want to help them tell them to go buy the album and a record player like you did, have him record a video of himself spending at least an hour or 2 a day working on it for a week and have him post the videos to prove it. If he does and is still having problems then offer to help him out....! Anything else is a disservice to him and every musician that has put the time in to learn.

My $1.50

Andy

AMEN, Bro!

CB

Archived