Gibson Brands Forums

Need a pedal tuner

Silenced Fred

Anyone know of someone or have a boss tu-2 they wanna sell? I've played with the polytune an I can't stand their switch. I'm hoping someone bought the polytune and is ecstatic about it and wants to sell me a tu-2. The only ones I can find out here in Colorado are people selling tu-2s used for like 80-100 bucks which is ridiculous.

Or, other than the polytune, what's a decent tuner pedal moderately priced?

Umm....yea...I don't think they are selling for that. Well, new ones are.

That could just be ASKING price on craigslist and such. Offer them 30 or 50 bones, see if they take it.

Other than that, KORG makes some stomp tuners, and they are good the same way. I have both. I won't part though because tuning is important, and thus so is a spare. I prefer the KORG I have though, but either one does the same job.

Specifically, the Korg reacts a little faster, and thus can pick up the note being sharp when you pluck it hard, but it settles in and holds the reading. The boss is smoother in reading. (splitting hairs here). Both are quick to use and read, and both get me in tune with the same effort.

The TU-2 shaves a slight amount of the treble of the signal, and the Korg shaves a slight amount of heft. Neither changes the sound enough to be able to tell unless you compare the bypass signal, and listen hard.

I have used the Pitch black and I own the Polytune. I prefer the polytunes features over the Korg but I do hear what youre saying about the Switch it is different.

I love the polytune, I just personally know 3 people who have busted switches on tc electronic pedals. I don't want to say I abuse gear, but I use it. A lot. And hard.

BTW... Welcome to Colorado.

Thanks! PM coming your way [thumbup]

god damn it.

now i ordered one... [unsure]

Hey, for $69 its its a damn great deal as others are selling them for $99. I've always been curious about the Polytune so now this is a great deal to jump on. I have the Korg pitchblack, TU2, TU3 and now soon to arrive Polytune. I still use the TU2, over the Korg and TU3. Lets see how both our impression of it when they arrive. I'll probably do a youtube video on all tuners I have and do a shootout. Whatcha think?

I could careless which is faster, those polytune tuners are ****.

My friend at GC said he has more reutrns from them more than any other pedal. My guitar teachers switch was busted so he sent it to the company and they sent a other one, now that one broke to.

Just sayin. [flapper]

My friend at GC said he has more reutrns from them more than any other pedal. My guitar teachers switch was busted so he sent it to the company and they sent a other one, now that one broke to.

Just sayin. [flapper]

the switches are ****. hell, maybe i could flip it and do a trade for a boss and some cash... idk. i need a pedal tuner though especially when I go bigsby crazy

Just sayin. [flapper]

Well thanks for your input, but I'm one of those who like to find out for myself. I guess its the curiosity in me. Like I said, I have several tuners already and I will compare the TC with them. Hell, for $69. its still a great deal considering a used TU2, and other tuners are selling for the same price. I've read/heard good and bad things about the TC, but I want to find out for myself. [tongue][flapper] [flapper]

the switches are ****. hell, maybe i could flip it and do a trade for a boss and some cash... idk. i need a pedal tuner though especially when I go bigsby crazy

Well if your looking for a at home tuner get one of those headstock ones, i have one and i love it. Though i do lose it sometime.

Mabye you can switch out the switch. (haha)

Honestly I have had mine since the first week they got into Australia nearly a year ago. It sits on my board I gig once a week with it heavy punk to pop punk alternative rock and rehearse fortnightly. Its pretty rugged Ive had not one problem with it. oh except the little velcro they give you comes straight off the back like after a day.

The switches are soft touch switches so keep that in mind and you should be fine. Just a little tappy (happy gilmore).

I stomp on my pedals if I'm switching them on real fast like in the middle of a song but you shouldn't have to do that for tuning so you should be aight.

MIne mutes in when the tuners on the bypass is for when its not or are you taking the pi$$?

Maybe I heard wrong..I just watched a video and I got the impression it did not mute...maybe what I heard is it does not have BYPASS for not having the signal mute.

I was thinking of getting one, but I think I'll keep the TU-3. IT WORKS! And Boss pedals can take my hard stomps. There's bare aluminum showing up on it already! I don't mind the treble loss. I like it. Eric Johnson should use one! ( considering how he uses regular cables rather than patch cables so he loses high end ). Plus, it shows up good in the sunlight!

Archived