Gibson Brands Forums

Rechargeable batteries for effect pedals?

dem00n

Yeah but there are some pedals out there that only run on batteries and i own two that only do. [lol]

Ah I see :/

I think there is some sort of convertor out there but I'm not 100% sure.

My Vox V847 Wah is the only one which needs a battery and that thing is really light on batteries.

Just get a OneSpot. They come with adapters that clip onto the 9v battery clip.

+1....I gave up batteries, years ago...even for home practicing!

Better for the environment, too.

Be advised, that some settings may have to be altered, a bit, due

to the difference in current...consistant, as opposed to batteries

gradually dying. But, it's no big deal.

CB

go to whale mart. if you are using fuzz for the batteries (or rather, using the batteries for the fuzz) and get their cheap 2 pack of 9v for 97 cents. I swear by them (not at them), I love em for fuzz.

Like Trav said, go with the one spot for home use, then batteries for gigs (at least I do, especially for fuzz)

I don't like rechargable batteries

go to whale mart. if you are using fuzz for the batteries (or rather, using the batteries for the fuzz) and get their cheap 2 pack of 9v for 97 cents. I swear by them (not at them), I love em for fuzz.

Like Trav said, go with the one spot for home use, then batteries for gigs (at least I do, especially for fuzz)

I don't like rechargable batteries

Why not?

Yeah I think you should get a onespot and then use batteries occasionally if you think they sound a little better.

The cheaper batteries sound better IMO (at least for fuzz.. which is all that matters anyways). You want the kind that are labeled "super heavy duty". These are made out of carbon zinc or something like that and they have lower output than alkaline or of course a power supply that you plug into the wall.

I like the kind with the little black cat on them. They're cheap.

But for your purposes, onespot is the way to go. I've been using one for years. They're cool.

I only buy 9v's from the 99c store/dollar store/whatever you got in your hood.

I wised up and bought a 'Godlyke' brand power system from Sweetwater. It didn't cost much at all ($40 I think, it can power 8 pedals?), it has never given me any trouble after 3 years now.

I wouldn't fool with rechargeables just cuz it promises to be a PITA.

Guest farnsbarns

It's not only reduced current you have to worry about with rechargeable batteries, it's a drop in voltage too. 8.4v from a rechargeable 9v type battery. Running digital devices under voltage is not recommended especially DSPs.

Archived