Gibson Brands Forums

Why Is There No Love For These Guys!?

Tman5293

Love it, but I think 10,000,000 views and 37,000 likes is love.

Yes but that is the ONLY song by them on Youtube! It's fail. The only reason that song even has so many views is because Classic Rock radio stations play it all the time.

Hot damn Dem00n! this is the ****! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

They are one of the many Proto-metal bands. Forgotten bands from the 60's/70's with a heavy blues sound and a early heavy metal sound.

Theres tons of them out there, but many of them can only be found for download on the internet. Unless your super lucky to find a vinyl or buy one.

WHY!? These guys were really good!

So do any fans exist? There's obviously none on Youtube since that's the only song I can find by them.

EDIT: The reason for this thread is because I just bought their first album for $5 at half price books and it's freaking fantastic!

I have admittedly little exposure to them, that song gained a large base of listeners from people who watched the movie Blow, which was my exposure to them as well (think the song was on the soundtrack also).

I blame hurried production that resulted in tepid B-Side material.

Bands like Ram Jam and MC5 suffered from lack of record company attention, They'd spend time on the Single in the studio and rush the rest of the album so they could sell the Single and fill the "Headliners" opening slots.

Speaking of MC5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM6nasmkg7A

I blame hurried production that resulted in tepid B-Side material.

Bands like Ram Jam and MC5 suffered from lack of record company attention, They'd spend time on the Single in the studio and rush the rest of the album so they could sell the Single and fill the "Headliners" opening slots.

I don't agree with this at all. After listening to Ram Jam's entire first album several times, I think all the songs on it are really good. In fact, Black Betty isn't even my favorite song on the album.

That's metal? I would not label it metal at all! Either way it's awesome :D

Thanks dem00n :)

Well i woudlnt call it exactly metal, but it has the blue prints.

Imagine a mini van, but with a engine fit for a Ferrari. [flapper]

I don't agree with this at all. After listening to Ram Jam's entire first album several times, I think all the songs on it are really good. In fact, Black Betty isn't even my favorite song on the album.

Put the tracks up on youtube so we can all check it out!

WHY!? These guys were really good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMLnDuzgkjo

So do any fans exist? There's obviously none on Youtube since that's the only song I can find by them.

EDIT: The reason for this thread is because I just bought their first album for $5 at half price books and it's freaking fantastic!

I've still got their cassette Bam Ba Lam:-)

Archived