Gibson Brands Forums

UHNNWTD

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest farnsbarns

Unhappy new no wisdom teeth day. Just got home from having both upper wisdom teeth removed. Should have been done a good decade ago. Feeling a bit fragile now.

Guest farnsbarns

Local, had my first ever filling (not bad for 35, and he said it wasn't actually a cavity) at the same time. Thankfully my father in law works with pretty much the best dentist in the UK, lectures at Kings College, London. I was able to strike up a deal whereby I am going to do some work for them in return.

Keep the gauze wet. I hear dry sockets are a be otch.

I had all four done at once, while in my 30's. Dentist said two had to come out now the other two could wait. I decided I didn't want to go through that more than once, so out they all came.

I opted for the knock-out.

Loved the drugs. Anacin3 (with codeine). Great stuff. When the pain got bad, I just popped the pills and I was out for hours.

[blink]

After a couple days I was good as new.

Unhappy new no wisdom teeth day. Just got home from having both upper wisdom teeth removed. Should have been done a good decade ago. Feeling a bit fragile now.

had mine out back in 1994, fell asleep at home after the dentist telling me not too and woke up to a blood soaked pillow [scared]

never felt much pain though? although my jaw was a bit swollen :mellow:

I had all 4 done at once back around 1997. Watched the whole thing under nitrous.. which is damn good stuff.

The dentist cut me up pretty good. He had to cut the bottom ones in half to get them out. I found out two weeks later that he missed some pieces, so he had to open me up again.

It was not a fun experience.

Guest farnsbarns

Had four teeth out about six months ago... The roots were too long pushing down on the nerves....It was agony!!!

All ok now...

We should have a beer soon! (with Pippy)

Regards

Yeah we should. P's got my number, or PM me.

Guest farnsbarns

Well then. I was in a little pain when I opened the thread but in fairness, we'd been stuck in traffic and the injections had worn off. I took a couple of ibuprofen and felt fine again. This morning I felt just a bit tender, no where near as bad as I thought it would be.

Archived