Gibson Brands Forums

Hard Shell Cases

MrNylon

My 2007 Classic Antique Les Paul still squeeks when I put it in the case. Nice tight fit.

Can't say I've ever seen a Fender fit snug in a case. Just sayin'

My SG and 335 fit nice and tight and ya my Fender cases are not as tight either......even my '52 AVRI case is not as tight of a fit......but i sure like playing it B)

all my Gibby/Epi HScases fit like gloves !

My Epi EJ-200 HSC still amazes me that a jumbo acoustic case can fit with seemingly microscopic precision, as in, line it up over the case,let go, and watch it ride slowly down as the air is pushed out by the guitars weight.

I have several "Musicians Gear"(GC Storebrand) HSCs for LPs and SGs that are a pitifully loose fit, but cheap generic cases are "1 size fits all".

and yeah, even my SKB factory Fender cases suck for fit........

They fit tight almost like they were made to fit in there. Well I guess that makes since since they were! Generic gases and cases that are made to fit multiple guitars always have some play especially square cases that usually just depend on a couple od padded bars to hold specific guitars in place. I would agree that Taylor cases are among the very best cases tight fit and strong heavy duty build. My favorite cases are made by Ameritage and have the tweed covering you have to supply probably 25 points of measurement in order to have one made. I use the Ameritage cases for all my custom built guitars as well as having two of them made to fit the Les Paul models and I just swap out whichever KP I am carrying in the Ameritage case to transport.

My best case is for my Taylor acoustic. I actually have to the press the guitar down a bit to get it in. Nice and snug...

My SG Std. case is the same, as having to press the bass in a bit to get into set position in the case. [thumbup]

Archived