Gibson Brands Forums

Ryan Adams version of Wasted Years

Riffster

It's kinda funny. I saw the title and wanted to give the song a listen because I know and love the Iron Maiden version. I thought even though it's odd for someone like Ryan Adams to cover a an IM song, it could turn out to be very interesting and good. Although I wanted to like it, I just found myself not getting into this version.

But then, this morning I thought I would give it another listen without the distraction of the TV and my family in the background and I really liked it [thumbup] It just goes to show you that your first impression of something doesn't have to be your last. :-k

and my mind wouldn't stop flashing to "Eddie" lurching onstage and disemboweling Mr Adams with his bare, clawed hands for turning Wasted Years into elevator muzak.

[biggrin] I agree. One thing about Ryan Adams is he always has a different, highly contrived and fussed-over hairdo. That bugs me for some reason.

He did good with this song though:

and my mind wouldn't stop flashing to "Eddie" lurching onstage and disemboweling Mr Adams with his bare, clawed hands for turning Wasted Years into elevator muzak.

not my cup'o'tea......sorry.

+1

It is muzak!! !

Wanna do it soft but with some spunk: let Brian Adams do it!

Why? Because he has a voice! Not like this girly-man!

Archived