Gibson Brands Forums

What's the most beautiful car you've ever seen...

Tim Plains

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet Necro'

My family have always been car fanatics, 30's Roadsters, Model A's and T's etc. Grandfather has a '58 'vette convertible (white with red alcoves, it was Grandma's car she passed away 2 years ago from ALS (Lou Gherig's Disease)), my uncles are Chevelle SS fans, they all have at least 1 from '69-'72. I loved my '93 RX7 but as a college kid I couldn't afford to maintain it and sold it to a guy in Topeka, that thing was stupid fast and light in the rear end. My Great Uncle who lives in Tulsa has a '67 Shelby GT350, unfortunately not a gt500 but I still like it (looks like the pic below), it just sits in his garage collecting dust.

1967%20Shelby%20350%20side.jpg

Thread from the crypt!

I've said it before but I'll say it again anyhow.

I'd like one of these, please.

ferrari-dino-246-gt-468x312.jpg

P.

Oh, Lord - is that a Dino? Gorgeous.

Alongside that, I'd run with an E-Type Jaguar (convertible, obviously).

As for current manufacture? Well, there's only one, really, isn't there? The Alfa Brera by a country mile.

Very fortunate to be the joint proud owner if this Replica 427..

Picture651.jpg

Regards

[drool] [drool] [drool] [drool] [drool][love][omg][crying]

Once when I was in Florida (the only time I've been to a state not Bordering MA), I saw a Lamborghini getting chased by a cop... does that count? I couldn't place it as the prettiest. Ooh, once got to see a 1969 Corvette, it was amazing.

[drool] [drool] [drool] [drool] [drool][love][omg][crying]

Once when I was in Florida (the only time I've been to a state not Bordering MA), I saw a Lamborghini getting chased by a cop... does that count? I couldn't place it as the prettiest. Ooh, once got to see a 1969 Corvette, it was amazing.

Getting chased by a cop in a Lamborghini is like having a Custom shop Gibson and actually playing it.

A 1963 Corvette Sting Ray (split window fastback). [thumbup]

+1. Classic design. Still looks fast at curbside almost 50 years later. Was always a dream car, but I like the one I have now

006-1.jpg

Guest FarnsBarns

Very cool. Is that "street legal"? (I'm thinking California reg's etc.)

I've driven something similar in some endurance races

VP__8487.jpg

It is indeed legal in California. It will also do over 200mph, holds the production car world record for 0-100-0 (9.4s), and the record for lateral grip (1.6 lateral G), Lapped the Top Gear track quuker than a Bugatti Veyron. Has air-con. And is under £50,000, but you have to build it. Not legaly a kit car in the UK as there is no donor car, every part is custom made.

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/Content.aspx?f=gtrintro

Yeah the Next Gen.

Well the next generation has yet to be officially released and the body style may change a bit. That one in the picture is a prototype. SSC is building it to beat the Bugatti Veyron in a race. They're shooting for a top speed of at least 280 mph. And I understand how you could think it's ugly seeing as how its all futuristic. I think it looks sleek, smooth, and sexy but that's my opinion.

I think that the most beautiful car ever made was the '34-'36 Packard Dual Cowl Phaeton,beauty and elegance at its best.MY runners up would be the '62-'64 Ferrari 250 GTO and the 246 Dino Pininfarina,which not technically a Ferrari was in fact built by parent company Fiat but always listed as a Ferrari.The 6 cylinder Dino shared its engine and some of its running gear with the Lancia Stratos which also gets a vote from me as most beautiful-even though most think that it's butt ugly.

'57 Chevy eh? Here is my cousin Brian's that he and my uncle rebuilt during his senior year of high school. My grandmother did the interior upholstery.

n20613705_32454653_8801.jpg?dl=1

Lucky kid, I've had a 57 Bel Air coupe since I was 15 but still can't scrape up enough dough to fix it up yet. Parts for those things are crazy expensive :(

Lucky kid, I've had a 57 Bel Air coupe since I was 15 but still can't scrape up enough dough to fix it up yet. Parts for those things are crazy expensive :(

That's for sure, a lot of them he had to pick up from swap meets. With something as popular as the 57 original parts are hard as heck to find.

I'm a pretty simple dude. I've always had a thing for 57 Chevys [wub]

[biggrin]

I once owned a 57 Chrvy, but it was a 4 door BelAir...hey it was a '57, ok? Caught on fire one day on the way to my day job. Hauled my amp & guitar out of the trunk pronto and let the car go up in flames. [biggrin]

Archived