Gibson Brands Forums

How 'bout them Cardinals

LPguitarman

Cubs will always have a loyal following, no matter how bad they are. I was in Chicago last year and went to a Friday afternoon game at Wrigley vs Pittsburgh, and I could not believe how many people came out for the game, I mean the place was packed. There is just something about Wrigley that makes it okay to drop $20 on a pair of hot dogs and an Old Style. There are only a few rows of seats in left field, so its easy for a right handed hitter to smack a ball out of the park, and kids hang in the streets outside the park to see if they can get a home run ball. Hands down the coolest park in MLB.

Citi Field is great in a modern sort of way. I got some killer seats to a Friday night game against Atlanta, and it was pretty much just die hards because the the Mets were basically already out of the playoff race, so It was really cool. I love Citi, but there is nothing like taking an occasional outing at a classic park like Wrigley to watch a 100+ year old club.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubs will always have a loyal following, no matter how bad they are. I was in Chicago last year and went to a Friday afternoon game at Wrigley vs Pittsburgh, and I could not believe how many people came out for the game, I mean the place was packed. There is just something about Wrigley that makes it okay to drop $20 on a pair of hot dogs and an Old Style. There are only a few rows of seats in left field, so its easy for a right handed hitter to smack a ball out of the park, and kids hang in the streets outside the park to see if they can get a home run ball. Hands down the coolest park in MLB.

Citi Field is great in a modern sort of way. I got some killer seats to a Friday night game against Atlanta, and it was pretty much just die hards because the the Mets were basically already out of the playoff race, so It was really cool. I love Citi, but there is nothing like taking an occasional outing at a classic park like Wrigley to watch a 100+ year old club.

Word. as expensive as stuff is, I still love it there. It has the craziest fans on the face of the earth IMO

Since the departure of Mark McG from St. Louis, there are few Cards fans outside of the local market. Everyone in Connecticut is raging about the yank offs or mourning the sox, but I have heard a surprising amount of buzz about the Brewers. East Coast Yanks haters are secretly cheering Milwaukee. We could never cheer for Detroit or St. Louis, because they are in competition for the nation's sh*ttiest city award, and we all know that that honor belongs to New Haven [biggrin] .

Colin Cowherd just said St. Louis-Phili got a 2 rating yesterday! Twice that many people watched Baylor-K State game on Saturday(2 mediocre Big XII college football teams with no chance for a BCS bowl). That's with 70 other college teams bangin' it out all over the country. Alabama-Florida got a 4.7! At least NY-Detroit got a 3, but still less than half the fans that watched Nebraska-Wisconsin.

Probably the only team I dislike more than the Yankees are the Gators.

I'm not a huge Cubs fan (do like 'em though), but they have my favorite field in the league. Would love to catch a Braves/Cubs game at Wrigley.

Would love to see the Cardinals against Tampa or Detroit. As long as the cheating "Yankers" don't make it to the WS, I'm happy.

I like you.

Now for the Brewers then prolly the Tigers, and Holy Cow, the Cards win it. Still did want to see a Yanks/Cards WS with the Cards winning. Can't remember stats on how long ago that happened with Yanks & Cards in the Series. Will have to look it up.

YeeHaw.

Aster

Yes Sir,

I just HAVE to have a great reason (STL) to watch the Worlds Series this year!!!

It would be nice to see the Tigers vs. Cards (with the announcement from Harry C. from above: Holy Cow! Cards win, Cards win!!!!) Ya, I know he was a Cubs man, but I loved to hear him say that.

Check and chime in on my post about Aniv. Guitars and what you think about the value if you would please.

Aster

Looking forward to the Rangers whooping some Cardinal a$$. Just like they did to the Tigers. How about that last game? Wiped the floor with em' 15-5.

SNAP!

7-3 tonight and STL will have a 2 game lead..... [flapper]

Archived