Gibson Brands Forums

"My Dream Bikes"

Aster1

Thumbnail57SportsterAd.jpg

Outside of Guitars, I just LOVE my Harley's. Got started after I did design work for a couple of new Harley locations a few years back and got the bug. Rode bikes as a kid and gave them up until my 50th birthday (mid-life crisis I believe).

I own a 2005 Sportster Roadster (also has its touring Yellow paint scheme w/ hard bags as well as the "hot rod" Racing Orange/Creme color scheme).

A 2005 Softail Deluxe (much accessorized) Also has a real old school Olive/Black paint scheme for it as well.

and lastly, my long trip bike a 2008 Road King Classic 105th Aniv. model.

Love them all, but the Deluxe, with its 1940-1950's classic look is my favorite. My son rides the Sportster when we travel together and is pictured with the bikes & me.

Hope you enjoy the photos. Riding is my FAVORITE way to travel. Tent & sleeping bags too.

You can see some more photo's at this address, Yellowstone Grizzly Bear & all. Harley Stuff

Had to ride between Elk & Bison herds several times. THAT was scary.

Aster

Sportster Roadster "Jack" like Jack-o-Lantern(hot rod paint scheme)

1200Roadsterbywall.jpg

Softail Deluxe "The Ace of Spades" (Black/Pearl White Scheme)

DeluxeDeckedOut.jpg

Road King Classic "Beau" (Copper/Black 105th Aniv paint scheme)

pnw_toflhrc_dom_c22_swa_w1280.jpg

Ridetolivethumb.jpg

Sorry, my link didn't come thru the 1st time above:

Harley Stuff

Yeah, I'd take a new 1200 Sporty with the bigger frt. tire but I just can't stand the new crappy wheels they put on it. Look cheap to me. I love the Nightster (almost got a Olive/Black in a denim finish but my Wife said I'd have to get rid of one of these to do it). [scared] I also could really handle a Dyna Street Bob. Saw one in a demim black with China Red rims w/ (black spokes) and red/cream pinstrips with Aces that I just about had to get and hide at my office warehouse. :rolleyes: The 48 looks really great, but I'd have to get out and ride one. Heard they don't handle quite right, but that was last year. Maybe they've tweaked them.

I think I'd have been okay getting that Dyna as long as I didn't ever Keep more than two here at home. Don't think a Nightster or Dyna hotrods with a nice Touring bike (if you could only have 2) would be a bad way to fly either. I'm starting to get the Heebee Veebee's riding around town anymore though. Don't really enjoy it at all. Love the open road and touring and believe it or not, the Sporty, with the way I have it set up with the suspension, seats, & gear, is really a great bike on the long road trips. Not quite as smooth as my RKC or Deluxe but dang near.

Nice Looking RK Dave. Likes it!!! I do love that look w/o the windscreen unless it's for a long ride. Get too beat up these days cuz I'm a getting older.

Aster

More Guitarist/Bikers than I thought would look a this.

Dallas, does that good look'n SG's neck come off so you can tote it in the Ultra's Tour Pack?

Happy new bike day Codename. That's the new 103ci isn't it? Nice ride.

Draco, I always liked the RK Custom and those big saddle bags. Real old school looking to me.

BigKahune, are those current rides or just one's "your fix'n to put the bag on?" How long do those outrigger tires last on that V-Rod? And is the box for a little dog to ride in? Saw a fella arrive at a Harley dealership once that rode in with a little dog that had a carpeted box like that. The dog was equipt. with sun Goggles no less(no crap), a leather neckerchief, and had a little black "Marlon Brando" style hat he wore when he got off. Yeah, the guy had to put the hat on him. But I was amazed to see the dog WEAR all that stuff! When he loaded up to take off, he whistled, the little dog jumped like a Gazelle from about 6' away and landed in the center of the dang box. Off they went down the Hwy.

Sometime I want to add a Springer Classic or Springer Heritage Classic to my stable. Just love the smooth ride over the tar cracks they provide. Plus, I just love the old "police bike" 40's-50's look and that big springer front is too cool for me.

Fuzzy Fred, really look close at a Sportster. I loved the old Triumph Bonneville 650 and went many a place on one, Honda's too. But, I NEVER had the big grin while riding & when I got off like I had stuck on my face as when I started riding a Harley. Almost added a Buell Ulysses Touring to the stable for taking on those trips where you'd be on gravel & "cow path" roads sometimes. Wish I'd dropped the hammer on one. I could ride a Buell, but just couldn't warm up to the standard crotch rockets at all.

Aster

I'm just curious, being the engineering type that I am, and wish to pose these questions:

Match up your bike you own, or would own, with your favorite guitar. (I know that may be tough).

Who's your favorite music group or style of music (e.g. rock, blue, jazz etc.)? (That may be tough as well)

Just a "spiriment" like a Myers/Briggs personality test. [scared]

Roxy, get that bike up her now. We all want to see what it is.

Aster

:huh:

I'm just curious, being the engineering type that I am, and wish to pose these questions:

Match up your bike you own, or would own, with your favorite guitar. (I know that may be tough).

Who's your favorite music group or style of music (e.g. rock, blue, jazz etc.)? (That may be tough as well)

Just a "spiriment" like a Myers/Briggs personality test. [scared]

Roxy, get that bike up her now. We all want to see what it is.

Aster

I cant get the picture up [cursing] its telling me its too big :huh:

Outside of Guitars, I just LOVE my Harley's. Got started after I did design work for a couple of new Harley locations a few years back and got the bug. Rode bikes as a kid and gave them up until my 50th birthday (mid-life crisis I believe).

I own a 2005 Sportster Roadster (also has its touring Yellow paint scheme w/ hard bags as well as the "hot rod" Racing Orange/Creme color scheme).

A 2005 Softail Deluxe (much accessorized) Also has a real old school Olive/Black paint scheme for it as well.

and lastly, my long trip bike a 2008 Road King Classic 105th Aniv. model.

Love them all, but the Deluxe, with its 1940-1950's classic look is my favorite. My son rides the Sportster when we travel together and is pictured with the bikes & me.

Hope you enjoy the photos. Riding is my FAVORITE way to travel. Tent & sleeping bags too.

You can see some more photo's at this address, Yellowstone Grizzly Bear & all. Harley Stuff

Had to ride between Elk & Bison herds several times. THAT was scary.

Aster

Sportster Roadster "Jack" like Jack-o-Lantern(hot rod paint scheme)

1200Roadsterbywall.jpg

Softail Deluxe "The Ace of Spades" (Black/Pearl White Scheme)

DeluxeDeckedOut.jpg

Road King Classic "Beau" (Copper/Black 105th Aniv paint scheme)

pnw_toflhrc_dom_c22_swa_w1280.jpg

Yo, Aster!. Amazing bikes. I like the post. Got rid of a Sportster years ago.......dumbest thing I ever did.....thanks again for the guit advice

On my wish list[-o<

post-32551-047616600 1317663411_thumb.jpg

Archived