Gibson Brands Forums

For my own amusement

Silenced Fred

I don't care if you listen or not, I'm losing my mind writing midterm papers so I took a break, set my amp to the lowest gain setting with a little bit of bite, put the reverb up almost all the way and just wanked out some shitty solo while making the "blues solo" faces. It entertained me, but maybe that's because I've been reading textbooks for the past 8 hours or so

linky link

Nice TONE you got going on there. And, nice vibrato.

Did I detect a little "soul" coming out of you there? (I didn't think the modern day 'hipsters' allowed for such).

vibrato is a combination of just fingers and the bigsby, usually bigsby for when i try and go all nels cline super fast vibe lol

I am full of soul! tons of soul! So much soul, I **** soul, I eat soul for breakfast!

vibrato is a combination of just fingers and the bigsby, usually bigsby for when i try and go all nels cline super fast vibe lol

I am full of soul! tons of soul! So much soul, I **** soul, I eat soul for breakfast!

With the wording I'm led to believe you **** soul then turn around and eat it.

So I post this as a joke, in something i recorded because I'm bored and people say great tone. I post acoustic stuff that I pour my heart and soul into and get like 3 responses :rolleyes:[flapper]

So then the obvious answer is to stop doing acoustic stuff because no one wants to hear it. rolleyes.gifmsp_flapper.gif

Now now, nobody wants a fight. Let's just all calm down and listen to some relaxing music.

On-topic: Fred, your tone was tasty as all hell, but the phrasing was a little lazy IMO. Could have used a little more direction, as opposed to just wanking. Then again, you knew it was wanking when you recorded it, so I can't complain. [lol][biggrin]

Its ok, I'm no singer. I admit it

Hah, better than I am! You can rest assured on that, my voice has about a 1/4 octave range [angry]

Anyways, I'm another who loved the tone. I'm quite fond of clean, bluesy stuff. Overall it was quite nice [thumbup]

Also, I have no f'cking clue what dad rock is.....

So I post this as a joke, in something i recorded because I'm bored and people say great tone. I post acoustic stuff that I pour my heart and soul into and get like 3 responses :rolleyes:[flapper]

That is the way it goes,

You have at this point 35 plays for this clip, BAM!

I get about 5 to 7 plays when I post something, and about 2 -3 comments if that.

Begs the question, is this about music or about forum dynamics, me thinks is the latter.

Archived