Gibson Brands Forums

What's for dinner?

Silenced Fred

Guest farnsbarns

believe it or not, we had home made pizza, wifey is a awesome cook [thumbup]

but now i drink a little treat a brought back from cancun last week [flapper]

005.jpg

Minusing just isn't enough for someone who refers to their spouse as wifey, drinks liquor with a gun on the coffee table and just to top it off, take a picture and post it on a forum. If it isn't illegal to have a gun on a table with a glass of strong liquor then it damned well should be.

That has to be the most troubling thing I've ever seen on this forum.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minusing just isn't enough for someone who refers to their spouse as wifey, drinks liquor with a gun on the coffee table and just to top it off, take a picture and post it on a forum. If it isn't illegal to have a gun on a table with a glass of strong liquor then it damned well should be.

you didn't see his portrait in the "do you keep fit" thread did you?

Might want to retract that last part of your post til then...

i'm with fuzzy on this one. sounds pretty darn savory [tongue]

holy lucy in the sky with diamonds! i think i might have to try this

Thanks. It's super easy to make, just takes a while because you have to bake the squash and sweet potato first then let them cool; unless you have Kevlar hands and can scoop out a butternut squash while she's still steaming. The base is a diced onion sauteed in butter and a smokey meat. I use chicken stock and blend everything in huge pot with a hand blender until velvety smooth. Add the spices and let it simmer for a while. You could probably add some heavy cream, carrot, or maple syrup if you wanted.

Guest farnsbarns

you didn't see his portrait in the "do you keep fit" thread did you?

Might want to retract that last part of your post til then...

No, I did, this is worse. Is me or is it just total baffoonary. We have no gun culture here but being a country boy I grew up around shotguns. I have never seen a gun outside of its locked cabinet (separate to amo) unless it was in use, being cleaned strait after use or being cleaned between uses if it hasn't been used for a while.

What's the point in having it lying around other than for a "cool" photo?

The booze is what really makes it shine out as irresponsible.

No, I did, this is worse. Is me or is it just total baffoonary. We have no gun culture here but being a country boy I grew up around shotguns. I have never seen a gun outside of its locked cabinet (separate to amo) unless it was in use, being cleaned strait after use or being cleaned between uses if it hasn't been used for a while.

What's the point in having it lying around other than for a "cool" photo?

The booze is what really makes it shine out as irresponsible.

freedom pal. deal with it. too bad you lost yours, mind you we in banada aren't too far behind <_<

what is troubling is how your fear or lack of understanding leads you to believe that this is not responsible. pity.

Guest farnsbarns

Back on topic.

I have some nice haddock tonight, I'm going to cook it with butter, grated ginger, a pinch of turmeric, salt and pepper. Wrapped in foil with air at the top. New potatoes cooked in mint and whatever veggies come to hand.

Guest farnsbarns

freedom pal. deal with it. too bad you lost yours, mind you we in banada aren't too far behind <_<

what is troubling is how your fear or lack of understanding leads you to believe that this is not responsible. pity.

Not sure how to react to being told what's going on in my head. As for loosing freedom, we have lost lost certain liberties over the years, so have you, just different ones, but this is evedence of some liberties being fool hardy.

I do respect your right to own a handgun despite my views on them. It's the fact that it's lying about for no good reason and the booze. Can I ask why you put it there? Was it that you thought it made a good picture?

Sorry, we are never going to agree on this, I'll afford you the respect of not assuming I know what's going on in your head though.

BTW, not all handguns are ilegal here, just licensed and controlled, just like Canada.

handguns are classified as restricted weapons, just another license imposed upon us. i think Americans can bring their own (likely a crap load of paper work) up here to shoot, i believe hunters and competition shooters do it often.

i just wish we had something that resembled the 2A "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

The advantage of living below the 48th. Though some are using 1A to re-tool, re-interpret the 2A.

Last I heard it is difficult, nigh on impossible to bring any weapon across the border with Canada. Which is well within their rights. I did hear a horror story, or maybe an irritating one of an American who crossed the USA/CDN border on a pleasure trip. His NRA window sticker caught the attention of the border patrol. They took over an hour looking for contraband.... which they didn't find.

...If it isn't illegal to have a gun on a table with a glass of strong liquor then it damned well should be.

That's why we had that little dust up back in the 1700's.

It is a culture shock. Kind of like seeing a car load of 20 something young men cruising down the super highway, all with open beers. "Prosit!" Disturbing to us in the US, but just another Oktoberfest in Bavaria! You see, the Germans allow drinking and driving. They just don't tolerate drunken driving. In the US we don't allow drinking and driving. We just tolerate drunken driving. If you have enough money for lawyers and you can get DUIs thrown out numerous times.

Ahhhhh,,,,, #-o

That explains the "Location: Bantario, Canada"

Me thinks the auto loader was strategically placed in the photo and in this thread.

Not sure how to react to being told what's going on in my head. As for loosing freedom, we have lost lost certain liberties over the years, so have you, just different ones, but this is evedence of some liberties being fool hardy.

I do respect your right to own a handgun despite my views on them. It's the fact that it's lying about for no good reason and the booze. Can I ask why you put it there? Was it that you thought it made a good picture?

Sorry, we are never going to agree on this, I'll afford you the respect of not assuming I know what's going on in your head though.

BTW, not all handguns are ilegal here, just licensed and controlled, just like Canada.

pretty much.

a gun is not any more dangerous than a guitar, both can be used to kill. freedoms end, where others begin.

I like your style, brother. Autumn squash is the best. I make a squash soup in the fall that is super tasty. I put in one butternut, one acorn, a large sweet potato, and about half pound of smokey ham or bacon. For seasonings I use pumpkin pie-ish: a cinnamon stick, nutmeg, and a little clove or allspice.

Lunch:

30b4e2c3.jpg

Butternut with sea salt, ground pepper, butter, and a sprinkle of brown sugar.

The food ideas sound great.

As for the gun, I won't pretend to know how responsible an individual is from a photo.

I too am Canadian and I don't own any handguns but I have no problem with responsible people owning them.

I think for the most part Canadians have a different view on guns in general. I don't think I know anyone who owns a handgun outside of law enforcement but know many with rifles, shotguns, hunting weapons in general.

I was in Las Vegas a few months back for a course and was the only Canadian there. Every lunchbreak or coffee break had discussions on weapons. Every single student owned guns of some variety. This is how they were brought up. Second nature to them. They all learned to shoot at an early age. Way before being able to drive. Although I must say that while I was there, there was a tragedy involving the death of a young child when the family went out to the desert to do some shooting like they did on a regular basis. Only this time a round bounced off a rock or something.

I do however believe that we should all have the right to defend our own castle.

Just my own opinion.

believe it or not, we had home made pizza, wifey is a awesome cook [thumbup]

but now i drink a little treat a brought back from cancun last week [flapper]

005.jpg

For some reason I think if this picture was in Mad Magazine or on a Frank Zappa album no one would have a problem with it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was meant to be absurd and shocking. I'd also say you hit your mark (as folks have been shocked) making it some kind of art. Nice going [thumbup]

Archived